Scalix x86_64 workaround?

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

iota

Scalix x86_64 workaround?

Postby iota » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:00 pm

First off, I am aware that Scalix is not officially supported on x86_64; however, other programs compiled on i386 work fine on the target server (such as VMWare, etc) as long as the correct i386 libraries are installed.

The server in question is currently running Open-Xchange on RHEL 4 AS and we're looking to move to Scalix for better Outlook support (Open-Xchange's paid Outlook plugin is horrible and their support is worse), however, since the Scalix packages are i386 only, the installer doesn't find an RPM for the server component that matches the x86_64 architecture.

I've tried renaming the RPM to trick the installer, which didn't work. Has anyone on RHEL 4 AS on x86_64 been able to install Scalix manually using RPM? Are there any instructions on how to do so, or any unsupported/beta/etc x86_64 builds?

mephisto

Postby mephisto » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:23 pm

iota

Postby iota » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:29 pm

Thanks, I have seen that, and I'm aware that the current version is not officially supported on x86_64.

I'm mostly just looking for other non-Scalix employees who were able to 'fool' the installer into ignoring the architecture and installing the packages anyway.

Return to “Installation”