Problems connecting to Scalix with BES connector

Discuss Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server and use of BlackBerry devices with Scalix.
BaldBoy

Re: Problems connecting to Scalix with BES connector

Postby BaldBoy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:25 am

Bes connector has many setup problems with Windows 2008 R2 (64bit).
Suggest you the reading of this thread : http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17707

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:27 pm

A BES Connector shouldnt have sxservice. Thats related to the autoupgrade which makes no sense for BES. If its still there I'd first try to disable this service (in the Windows services).
There is also no sxmailbox.csv functionality in this version of the connector. But when increasing the loglevel with sxlogconf.exe it will put additional informations to the MAGT-logs.

The discussion about W2K8 R2 doesnt make sense here. BESX 5.0.1 is not supported on this platform. http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/subcategories/?userType=2&category=BlackBerry+Enterprise+Server+Express+for+Microsoft+Exchange&subCategory=&url=%2Fadmin%2Fsubcategories%2F&versionId=739

BaldBoy

Postby BaldBoy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:47 am

I am sorry to disagree with ls-al

Sxservice is up and running with my Windows2003/BES 5.0.1 setup along with sxWipe32 and sxlogger and sxualwsd32.
Trying to disable Sxservice simply the connector won't work.

At the time denders has written his post BES 5.0.1 was no longer available as the 5.0.2 was already out and that version is fully compatible with Windows 2008 R2.

Again ... in the topic I have pointed out there are specific advices about how to install Scalix BES Connector on Windows 2008 R2 (64bit) box.

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:50 am

BaldBoy wrote:I am sorry to disagree with ls-al

Sxservice is up and running with my Windows2003/BES 5.0.1 setup along with sxWipe32 and sxlogger and sxualwsd32.
Trying to disable Sxservice simply the connector won't work.

Even if its running on BES - and yes, you are correct: It is.
It makes no sense. The only purpose of sxservice is the autoupgrade. BES Connect is ignoring mapi.cfg.
It is possible to run the standard Scalix Connect without sxservice.
BES Connect is a fork of the standard version.
I dont see any evidence of your statement.
BaldBoy wrote:At the time denders has written his post BES 5.0.1 was no longer available as the 5.0.2 was already out and that version is fully compatible with Windows 2008 R2.

Again ... in the topic I have pointed out there are specific advices about how to install Scalix BES Connector on Windows 2008 R2 (64bit) box.

The OP referred to BESX 5.0.1 and 2008 SP2.

BaldBoy

Postby BaldBoy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:01 am

ls-al wrote:It is possible to run the standard Scalix Connect without sxservice.

Maybe the Standard Outlook Connector ... but the BES connector has no setup options (at least in the gui) and there is almost no documentation about possible configuration switches to place in some .ini file.

ls-al wrote:BES Connect is a fork of the standard version.
I dont see any evidence of your statement.

The evidence is in the fact that if I disable the sxservice I cant even run IEMTESTS.exe: simply the connection to Scalix does not occur.
I have not investigated the issue cause I do not consider it critical (I don't care about what sxservice is actually doing) ... but it is so.

ls-al wrote:The OP referred to BESX 5.0.1 and 2008 SP2.

Nope ... he has referred to the title of my how-to (which is related to 5.0.1) but has not expressed any statement about the BES version is using.
denders wrote:I have followed the steps in BaldBoy's How-to Scalix 11.4.6 And BES Express 5.0.1 ...

In addition he pointed out he has "Bes connector version: 1.0.1.9246" which is not possible as 1.0.1.9246 is (at present) the version depicted by CDO.dll modified by Scalix.

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:21 am

It looks like its better to stay away from threads where Baldboy is posting. At least for me.

BaldBoy

Postby BaldBoy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:57 am

I am really sorry you take it so badly and personally. I can't understand what have I done wrong.

I am here to help and I think my posts prove it. I have read so many useful infos from your's. So what ?

There is no reason to get angry. This thread has been useful (I guess) to underline some aspects with sole scope to help denders.

Denders claims he has a problem with sxservice and you say
ls-al wrote:A BES Connector shouldnt have sxservice.

but in reality it has and disabling it cause the whole BES solution not to work. I really do not know if sxservice's duty is only related to autoupgrade or whatever : the simple fact is it's there and nowhere in documentation is written you can set up a Bes connector without it. If you know how to do it ... well I think it would be a very useful info to share here.

When you say
ls-al wrote:I dont see any evidence of your statement.

my only understanding is you accusing me to say wrong and misleading things. But it's not true. I have tried disabling sxservice ... BES wont' dialog with scalix anymore. So what ? Do you have any useful hint to suggest ? You're absolutely welcome !

Anyway ... as fighting each other is completely beyond the scope of this forum and there is no need to waste our time this way ... if I possibly offended you, in any way, please accept my sincere apologies.

Regards !

P.s. As your statement "It looks like its better to stay away from threads where Baldboy is posting." looks pretty like a publicly-addressed suggestion I am ready to leave the forum and not to post anymore.
P.P.s. If you want you can PM me.

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:41 am

Lets get back on track.

I will do some tests with the sxservice on BES in the next days if possible and report here.

BTW: The reported Event log entry probably already known as Bug 14903. Classified as P3 normal which means that there is no indication that it is harmful. (Please: no discussions about the fact that this bug is dated from 2007 and still unfixed. I have enough references for older unfixed bugs in products that have unequally more developers than Scalix at every time. Its a question of priorities.)

PS: I'd still look at the MAGT-logs.

Return to “Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server”