Calendar Syncronization failure from BlackBerry to Scalix

Discuss Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server and use of BlackBerry devices with Scalix.
arsenet

Calendar Syncronization failure from BlackBerry to Scalix

Postby arsenet » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:33 am

We have the BES/ Scalix server properly configurated and furthermore we have activated a BlackBerrry account to test this service.
After several tests carried out, we have found that the synchronization from the Scalix calendar to Blackberry is OK, nevertheless the synchronization from the Blackberry device to Scalix fails. That means, if we add or update a date from the BlackBerrry calendar, these changes are not updated in Scalix.

We have the most recent version installed (1.0.1):
http://downloads.scalix.com/rn/scalix-besconnect-1.0.1-GA-releasenotes.html#mozTocId893929
It supposedly has this bug taken into account and solved... (20733 and 20734 bug).

Can you help me with this, please?

Thank you in advance.
Red Hat Enterprise 5.0
Scalix Hosted Edition 11.46
David de Pedro, Thecnical
ArSeNet Servicios en Internet, S.L.
sat@arsenet.com

cdonovan

Re: Calendar Syncronization failure from BlackBerry to Scalix

Postby cdonovan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

I copy and pasted this from Balboys' HOW-TO that is posted in this section. Maybe this Registry patch will do the trick!! HIs explanation is include also!!

* Open notepad
* Copy and paste the following code

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents]
"CreateCDOProfile"=dword:00000000

* Save the document as CDOProfile.reg on your desktop
* Double click it and merge it into the registry

The reason for that is explained here : http://www.besadmin.info/KB21413. In these versions the creation of CDO Profiles is improved by the means of MAPI32.DLL rather than by CDO.DLL. But Scalix Connect for BES relies only on CDO.DLL. Therefore, if you do not apply this registry setting, you will encounter problems like these: any calendar change performed on the portable device wont be replicated in Scalix and, susequently, in Outlook; you will find the event log of your BES' Windows Serve flooded by entries sourced from Black Berry with event ID 20265 (MAPIMailbox::HandleObjectModifiedNotification - OpenEntry (0x80004005) failed) - event ID 20717 (MailboxManager::CreateProfile (BES_CDO_5588_3) - ConfigureMsgService (80040115) - Ensure that IPv6 is disabled on the Exchange Server or configure the BES to use the closest global catalog server) - event ID 20455 (MAPIMailbox::CheckUserOriginatedItem - OpenEntry (0x80004005) failed, RefId=-1722410989, MsgFolderId=-6, FolderId=-2)

arsenet

Postby arsenet » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:23 am

Very much thanks
I try this.
Where is that HOW-TO?
Red Hat Enterprise 5.0
Scalix Hosted Edition 11.46
David de Pedro, Thecnical
ArSeNet Servicios en Internet, S.L.
sat@arsenet.com

cdonovan

Postby cdonovan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:15 pm

I see that you found the HOWTO but are still having the same issue as I am... Maybe BALDBOY can help us both...

Return to “Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server”