Update Scalix 11.0.1 (OSS 10.1) to 11.4.6 (OSS 11.0) problem

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

Sonic

Update Scalix 11.0.1 (OSS 10.1) to 11.4.6 (OSS 11.0) problem

Postby Sonic » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:29 am

Hi everyone

I have to update an existing Scalix-Server (11.0.1 Community) on OpenSuSE 10.1 to a new machine with an OpenSuSE 11.0. I tried the current version 11.4.6, but it doesn't work. The new machine is currently in a seperate network and has the same hostname and ip-address as the old one.

I installed the OSS 11.0 and created the scalix-user and the group with the same IDs on the new machine. Then I tried to install the 11.4.6 Community-Version on the new machine without the old data. Dependencies and network check are fine and installation continues without problem. After that, the installation continues without problem, services are starting and i can connect to the /sac/.

Next step I tried to import the old mailstore.

I stopped all services, extracted the backup of the old server (tar cmfz ~/storage.tgz /var/opt/scalix/*) to the /var/opt/scalix/-folder and then tried to update/reconfigure the scalix-installation - which fails miserably.

Problem 1) The configuration of the postgres-database fails with the scalix-user:
ERROR Operation failed: Failed to set password for the 'scalix' database user.

I'm sure, that I gave the correct passwords for the installer.

If I rename the data-folder from the postgres-folder in the instance and create an empty database, i can jump over that part, but then I get the next error:
ERROR Operation failed: Starting Scalix server failed: /opt/scalix/bin/omrc: (1) ['ERROR: Inconsistency found between version files in sys and lib', 'directories. This means that the patch levels of the Scalix shared', 'library and binary areas do not match. Scalix cannot be started until', 'this is resolved.', '']

I have no idea at the moment, what to do now.

Is there a simple way to move the users, messages and boards from the old machine to the new one?

Helmut

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Update Scalix 11.0.1 (OSS 10.1) to 11.4.6 (OSS 11.0) problem

Postby Valerion » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 am

You can delete the /var/opt/scalix/??/postgres directory before doing the move, as it can be regenerated by the server. Technically you only need /var/opt/scalix/??/s to have your full mailstore, but then you lose the configuration for the platform and SWA, as well as user indexes.

You MUST ensure user/group information on the mailstore files transfers correctly.

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:21 am

Sonic wrote:..., i can jump over that part, but then I get the next error:
ERROR Operation failed: Starting Scalix server failed: /opt/scalix/bin/omrc: (1) ['ERROR: Inconsistency found between version files in sys and lib', 'directories. This means that the patch levels of the Scalix shared', 'library and binary areas do not match. Scalix cannot be started until', 'this is resolved.', '']

Helmut

You need to run "ompatchom" as your mailstore has an older version. There is a man-page for ompatchom.

Sonic

Postby Sonic » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:46 pm

You MUST ensure user/group information on the mailstore files transfers correctly.

I did run an omcheck -s -d on the mailstore.

You need to run "ompatchom" as your mailstore has an older version. There is a man-page for ompatchom.

The last time, there was a message that the mailnode <name> is not installed - or something like that. Unfortunately, I didn't save the output / logfile, before I tried something else. I will check that again and post the result here.

Helmut

Return to “Installation”