Server Requirements for Scalix Connect BBES

Discuss Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server and use of BlackBerry devices with Scalix.
SidebandSamurai

Server Requirements for Scalix Connect BBES

Postby SidebandSamurai » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Hello,

I was wondering after reading the manual a bit can we forgo the Windows server, and run with windows XP in a workgroup mode. My client runs all unix servers and systems, with no windows "Domain" or domain controller present, there is not even a windows server in the house (yet) Is it absolutely required that I set up a windows server and domain to make this happen? The office right now is only 5 Blackberry Users.

Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,

Sideband Samurai

SidebandSamurai

Re: Server Requirements for Scalix Connect BBES

Postby SidebandSamurai » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:12 pm

** Update **

As I am searching for additional information. I was pointed to the following url:

Code: Select all

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/business/server/express/

This is the FREE version of the Blackberry Enterprise server supporting 75 users (or 2000 on a separate server).

This software will be released by the end of the week. Does your software connector work with this version of blackberry server?

Otherwise in addition of purchasing a copy of windows 2008 server, I have to also purchase the Professional server at $499 for 5 users, and $99.00 for each additional user.

Sincerely,

Sideband Samurai

SidebandSamurai

Postby SidebandSamurai » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Another question,

Does Blackberry Enterprise Server require Microsoft SQL server?

Sincerely,

Sideband Samurai

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 pm

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/preinstallation/exchange.jsp

Minimum requirements for up to 500 users: Intel® Pentium® IV processor (2GHz or greater), 1.5 GB RAM, MSDE 2000 or higher, 20 GB disk space in addition to Windows® requirements

NOTE: Due to limitations of MSDE, it is recommended that SQL Server™ be used if there are multiple Exchange servers in the environment and/or an increasing or higher number of BlackBerry® users. For more information, please see the “BlackBerry Enterprise Server implementation considerations” section within the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange Performance Benchmarking (PDF)

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:36 pm

SidebandSamurai wrote:I was wondering after reading the manual a bit can we forgo the Windows server, and run with windows XP in a workgroup mode. My client runs all unix servers and systems, with no windows "Domain" or domain controller present, there is not even a windows server in the house (yet) Is it absolutely required that I set up a windows server and domain to make this happen? The office right now is only 5 Blackberry Users.

I'm curious about a similar setup. Please post your results if you can, thanks!

Return to “Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server”