New connector some day ?

Discuss Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server and use of BlackBerry devices with Scalix.
bikerider

New connector some day ?

Postby bikerider » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:57 pm

What is the status of this, the last connector was 4.2(sp2) and the bb has gone way past this !
If I want a user to use the scalix connector for outlook and be able to sync AND tether I'm out of options for the 9500 and up!
__O
=\ \
(=)/(=)

idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain` ; test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init 6 in progress" || sh ./answer-the-forum

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: New connector some day ?

Postby billb3 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:43 pm

Have you looked at this? Haven't tried with a 9500, but all other models have worked...

http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12338&start=0

bikerider

Postby bikerider » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:48 pm

sure, but wouldn't it be nice to not have to screw around with something paid for ?
plus the tethering option in new bbdm is part of the new bbdm and way easier to use
by the user.
__O
=\ \
(=)/(=)

idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain` ; test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init 6 in progress" || sh ./answer-the-forum

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:52 pm

I actually contacted my rep about that last year; he suggested opening a support ticket (points won't be affected since it is a bug). The more people that complain, the better chance that it will be supported. From my understanding, I believe Scalix just needs to pay RIM a certain (large) amount of money to have access to RIM's sync software...and Scalix doesn't want to do that (somewhat understandable).

bikerider

Postby bikerider » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:58 pm

they collected $ from my company based on the idea that the blackberry is supported
they should either remove the support (or claims of it) or step up
__O
=\ \
(=)/(=)

Return to “Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server”