Outlook fails to connect, irritating Scalix Connect version

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface
ibspsxop

Outlook fails to connect, irritating Scalix Connect version

Postby ibspsxop » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:44 am

After installing the latest Scalix Outlook Connector on a clean system (Windows 7 32bit, Outlook 2010 32bit, no Scalix Connector previously installed), there is no "Scalix Server" option when creating a new profile, even after a Windows restart. So installed the latest 11.4.6 Connector, immediately removed it again, and then reinstalled the latest version. Now the "Scalix Server" option shows up.

Creating the profile then works, but trying to connect to a Scalix server (12.0.3) fails with Outlook saying:

"Ihre Standard-E-Mail-Ordner können nicht geöffnet werden. Der Informationsspeicher steht zurzeit nicht zur Verfügung"
("Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened.")

When looking at the version string of the connector software under "Programs/Functions", it says: 11.5.0.9138. This is with the version I installed from "scalix-12.0.2-GA-enterprise-win.zip".
Is this supposed to be correct? Before I start digging deeper into it the connection problems, maybe someone could verify that I did not download a faulty package.

Regards,
Severin

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Outlook fails to connect, irritating Scalix Connect vers

Postby ScalixSupport » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:44 am

The version is correct. The package you have installed looks fine.
Please take care that there is no Antivirus application running on the system.
You may also try opening outlook with the following switch to overcome the error.

outlook.exe/resetnavpane

ibspsxop

Postby ibspsxop » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:20 am

ScalixSupport wrote:You may also try opening outlook with the following switch to overcome the error.

outlook.exe/resetnavpane

Thanks, but that doesn't make a difference. No Anti-virus software is running.

I now had Scalix Logger show me what's happening while Outlook is starting and the Outlook error message always pops up shortly after the following entries:

>CMailboxAdmin::AddPublicFoldersMailbox
Cannot create PublicFolder store.
<CMailboxAdmin::AddPublicFoldersMailbox[0 ms]
Caught exception:
Exception Type: HResult Function: CMailboxAdmin::AddPublicFoldersMailbox Source Line No: 162 HResult: 0x8004010f
Das angeforderte Objekt wurde nicht gefunden.

I've already had omscan fix everything it can find (nothing). Everything seems to work via Scalix Webmail, including public folders. Then I deleted the whole message store, created a new one and added one new, empty premium user. Connection still fails with the same message. This is on CentOS 5.10, 32 bit, fully patched. The system previously ran Scalix 11.4.6 with no problems.

So my suspicion is that this is a client error and not a server error, maybe somebody has an idea how to debug it further.

ibspsxop

Postby ibspsxop » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:38 am

ibspsxop wrote:So my suspicion is that this is a client error and not a server error, maybe somebody has an idea how to debug it further.

Just tried to connect to the same server from a different PC running Outlook 2007 (instead of Outlook 2010) with the same latest Scalix Connector, and it works. So it definitely is a client problem. Has anybody been able to successfully connect a German Outlook 2010 to Scalix 12?

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Postby ScalixSupport » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 am

Outlook 2010 is supported by the new connector. Here is the latest version of the connector ,

http://downloads.scalix.com/scalix-12.0.3-GA-enterprise-win.zip

You can try the new connector and confirm if it works for you.

ibspsxop

Postby ibspsxop » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:30 am

ScalixSupport wrote:Outlook 2010 is supported by the new connector. Here is the latest version of the connector ,

http://downloads.scalix.com/scalix-12.0.3-GA-enterprise-win.zip

You can try the new connector and confirm if it works for you.

It works, but I guess the previous version already did so, too. After setting up a completely clean Windows 7, even the installation of the Scalix Connector failed to complete, shortly after the UAC window popping up, asking to allow the installer to modify the system. Saying "yes" doesn't seem to help in this case. Since the .msi file doesn't have a "run as administrator" context menu entry, the only option to complete the installation was to run cmd.exe "as administrator" and start the installation from that command line. Then it completes and the connection to the server works.

SidebandSamurai

Postby SidebandSamurai » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:10 pm

When I have seen that error, I usually uninstall the Scalix connector, uninstall office, re-install office re-install all updates then install Scalix connector.

Also I turn off UAC as administrator, reboot the PC install Scalix connector then turn on UAC and reboot PC again. When you turn off UAC you always need to reboot the PC even though it does not tell you to.

This usually works. Glad you got it working.

Sincerely,

Sideband Samurai

rarepearl

Postby rarepearl » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:48 am

Ok Thanks :D :D :D

arabella

Postby arabella » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:51 am

"Ihre Standard-E-Mail-Ordner können nicht geöffnet werden. Der Informationsspeicher steht zurzeit nicht zur Verfügung"
("Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened.")

Return to “Scalix Connect For MS Outlook”