Problems with Scalix Connect

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface
Varenthos

Problems with Scalix Connect

Postby Varenthos » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:25 am

I'm running Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit, and Office 2013 64-bit. My server is running CentOS 6.5 64-bit, with Scalix server 12.1.

For the longest time I was running Office 2007 with the 11.4.6 connector, and everything was grand. Recently I purchased a copy of Office 2013 through a program at work, and took the plunge. I uninstalled Office 2007 and the 11.4.6 connector. I installed and updated Office 2013, then installed the 12.1.1 connector. That's where my troubles began.

Whenever I try to launch Outlook, I get an error message saying:
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service C:\PROGRA~2\Scalix\Connect\sxmapishim.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured."

After doing some searching around the forums, I came across a post that mentioned getting the latest version of the connector at http://downloads.scalix.com/scalix-GA-enterprise-win-latest.zip . I gave that a shot and it downloaded version 12.1.3 of the connector. I tried installing that, but no difference. I tried deleting my Outlook profile and having it recreated, but no luck.

The kicker to all of this is, the file that it's complaining about in the error message really isn't there. There's a file in that same path named sxmapishim32.dll, but nothing that's just sxmapishim.dll.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be most appreciative!

Varenthos

Re: Problems with Scalix Connect

Postby Varenthos » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Downgrading to Office 2013 32-bit fixed the problem.... sort of. Now whenever I fire up Outlook, I get 6 pop-ups from Windows saying "Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." Across the top in the title bar it says "Scalix Connect for Microsoft Outlook."

Hitting OK on each of the errors gets me through and into Outlook. Still, I'd like to do without the errors. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the connector a few times and no change.

russh

Postby russh » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:46 am

Hi Varenthos,

as with all things related to the Scalix Outlook Connector, if a remove / reinstall of the scalix connector client doesn't work, try creating a new mail profile on the windows box, and see if the problem still occurs.

reejakhan

Postby reejakhan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:04 am

Ok Thanks :D :D :D

Return to “Scalix Connect For MS Outlook”