Internet Explorer 8 hangs at "Retriving folder list"

Discuss the Scalix web client
fkienker

Postby fkienker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:02 pm

We are testing Scalix 12 upgrades to Scalix 11. Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer 9 thru 11 all work fine. On Windows XP with Internet Explorer 8 once the user and and password are entered it hangs at "Retriving folder list". A short time later this message appears: "Error: Failed to display messages for folder INBOX. The browser received som data, but was unable to display it. Check 'Send/Receive' to try again.".

We can of course get around this by using one of the alternate browsers but has anyone else encountered this? Have you found a work-around or fix?

Best regards,
Fred
Fred Kienker
AT4B

rsommer

Re: Internet Explorer 8 hangs at "Retriving folder list"

Postby rsommer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:41 am

We have the same Situation after updating to scalix 12. But SWA with IE 8 is no Problem. Try the following:

Extras / Internetoptions
Tab "Security"
Select "local Intranet"
Click on Button "Sites" and checkout everything in the new Window.
Close IE and start again.

We are working on a German System. So i don't know if all the Menu and Buttom descriptions are correct for an english System.

Good luck and regards,

Rolf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fkienker

Postby fkienker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Thank you so very much for your reply. Using the information you supplied not only did I solve my issues with IE 8 but IE 10 as well.

Best regards,
Fred
Fred Kienker
AT4B

Douglasgobe

Postby Douglasgobe » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:35 am

I started out using Internet Explorer but after trying Firefox, I havent gone back. Ive heard that Chrome is good, but I havent tried it yet. Is it faster than Firefox or about the same?
sign123gfwzbc-www.scalix.com

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Postby ScalixSupport » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:39 am

Compared to firefox or chrome ,internet explorer may work slightly slow. But as I see and test the difference in speed is quite negligible for both scalix web access and scalix administration control on internet explorer. Both seem to be working just fine.But If you still feel issue with spped on IE please feel free to try out the settings listed in the post above.

Return to “Scalix Web Access”