Thunderbird and Scalix LDAP

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

arstan.jusupov

Thunderbird and Scalix LDAP

Postby arstan.jusupov » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:13 am

Hello,
I'm trying to get contacts from Scalix into my Thunderbird addressbook. I found this article on how to get contacts from LDAP. --> http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=3462 But I can't get to see the contacts in the addressbook.

I use the following:

Name: scalix
Hostnamel: scalix.mydomain.com
Base DN: o=Scalix
Port No: 389

I've tried this setup with LDAP Browser from http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~gawor/ldap/and it show everything OK.

I also tried changing Base DN with these: dc=scalix,dc=com also with o=people

How do you get your contacts in Thunderbird from scalix?

Update: When I do Download offline, it says Replication succeeded but still doesn't show me anything.

Kris

Postby Kris » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:10 am

I use the same settings you describe, and it works here. However: items are not displayed automatically. But when you enter something in the search field, it will search in ldap and show matching items.

bbryan

Postby bbryan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:07 pm

We're using Active Directory and use these settings..

Name: GlobalAddrBook
Base DN: dc=internaldomain,dc=local
Bind DN: username@INTERNALDOMAIN

Also in Advanced I set "Don't return more than x results" to 1000 (we have less than 1000 entries).

After setting the above in the Address Book window there is a new Address Book called "GlobalAddrBook", searching for something that all the names have, like space " " should show all names (or "@" should show all names with email addresses). Also Thunderbird will auto-complete the name/email in the compose window.

packets

Re:

Postby packets » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:18 am

Kris wrote:I use the same settings you describe, and it works here. However: items are not displayed automatically. But when you enter something in the search field, it will search in ldap and show matching items.

Hi Kris,

Even though thread is already 2 yrs ago, just wanna ask if someone had already find a fix on how to display items automatically instead of finding the name in the Search field

Return to “Third Party Integration”