Your best practice for dependancy problems-Amavisd

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

konman

Your best practice for dependancy problems-Amavisd

Postby konman » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:10 pm

Guys/Gals.

I need a few key words and pointers on the best (easiest?) way to fix dependancy problems - I am new to Linux but learning as quickly as I can.

Im using 32Bit CentOS5, Latest scalix, Intel quad core Q6600, P35 Mobo, 2 Gig RAM.etc
CentOS 5*** and Scalix installed like a charm. I can log into SAC etc.

Reading throght the HowTos/Amavisd Wiki it said to have amavisd-new, spamassassin, clamd etc installed before you go further.

So I started with amavisd-new-2.5.2-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm from apt.sw.be

The first few dependancy problems were -:

Missing Dependency: unrar >= 2.71 is needed by package amavisd-new
-->> I fixed by installing unrar-3.7.4-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm

Missing Dependency: ripole is needed by package amavisd-new
-->> I fixed by installing ripole-0.2.0-1.2.el5.rf.i386.rpm

Missing Dependency: zoo >= 2.10 is needed by package amavisd-new
-->> If fixed by installing zoo-2.2.10-2.el5.rf.i386.rpm

In total there are about 25 dependancy problems.
Did you have dependancy problems with Amavisd-new?

Im getting to the point where the dependancies themselves have dependancy problems.

Some dependants are getting hard to identify like perl(Net::Server) and perl(MIME::Words), perl(IO::Stringy).

Advice would be most welcome - and when I solve these issues I will gladly contribute to the wiki...

Could these problems be related to the way I installed CentOS5?

Cheers,
Kon.

*** CentOS 5 'out of the box' didnt support the onboard ICH9R Gigabit NIC - I just had to put in an 10/100 Intel for network support - just incase someone googles this..

edit::After much searching/trial and error - installing of rpms from DAG, I have come down to one problem.

lzop - 1.01-2.el5.rf.i386 complained about liblzo.so.1 and I cant find this on DAG.
After googling it looks like a more comlex than just getting a single RPM. I may just have to go back to using 'plain' clamav and spamass. . :?

konman

Try, try try again..

Postby konman » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:56 pm

Well - just incase a noob like me is pulling their hair out, I fumbled my way into getting liblzo.so.1 installed by installing lzo-1.08-4.2.el5.rf.i386.rpm - I think I got into this by doing a search on rpm.pbone.net.

I'll be very happy once this all works - although as a new person to Linux my confidence in this working is low becuase of the steps I had to go through to get amavisd-new installed...but its all part of it I suppose.

konman

Postby konman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:15 pm

Well after too much frustration I have just gone to using spamassassin and clam as per the fantastic and really easy guide at http://swifttide.com/scalix/Scalix_Setup.html

For a noob (in my opinion) the current Wiki of HowTos/Amavisd Wiki should include links to how to install the pre-requesites.

I aim to update the Wiki and embrace its concept once my experience of Linux and Scalix gets better...

KonMan.

Return to “Third Party Integration”