Scalix <-> Funambol alpha connector available

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

dyna

Postby dyna » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:05 am

As scalix is always far behind on planning when releasing new features/addons. They say half 2008, i say half 2009 atleast :P

But i hope to be proven wrong. Things seem to have improved after the Xandros takeover. For now i've given up the wait and moved to funambol.

jhamill

Postby jhamill » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:05 am

dyna wrote:As scalix is always far behind on planning when releasing new features/addons. They say half 2008, i say half 2009 atleast :P

But i hope to be proven wrong. Things seem to have improved after the Xandros takeover. For now i've given up the wait and moved to funambol.

what functionality do you have going with funambol?
we've also deployed it here and we are syncing it using imap for email, and giving users the outlook plugins for funambol to get contacts, calender synced, but would prefer to get the whole synced from the backend of scalix.

polleke

Postby polleke » Tue May 13, 2008 6:55 am

Any news yet?

On the sourceforge page there is no download available

charon

Postby charon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:07 am

funambol again got 12.5 million dollars and they support so many devices.
i don't know why scalix product management bet on the wrong horse and paid M$ instead of upgrading the funambol connector.

dyna

Postby dyna » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:10 pm

bump

Too bad nobody picked up funambol yet.

and AS...q2 missed, q3 missed....come'on guys. I know planning is a bitch but you guys are always way off in the wrong direction.
Atleast change http://www.scalix.com/enterprise/produc ... vesync.php to not say q3 2008.

We NEED atleast one working solution!
(I must admit i haven't tried notifylink, but from what i understand it's not all that either)

dyna

Postby dyna » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:59 am

bump

and i don't think i need to say more :P

well, except that it's actually ridiculous.

charon

Postby charon » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:02 pm

z-push is a working approach for me. but a haven't seen a working scalix connector yet

jhamill

Postby jhamill » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:35 pm

charon wrote:z-push is a working approach for me. but a haven't seen a working scalix connector yet

how have you implemented z-push with scalix? as far as I can see with funambol the email integration is ok with IMAP, but its' calendaring is what doesn't work. I couldn't get the alpha connector to work either. How are you doing the calender with z-push?

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:36 pm

jhamill wrote:
charon wrote:z-push is a working approach for me. but a haven't seen a working scalix connector yet

how have you implemented z-push with scalix? as far as I can see with funambol the email integration is ok with IMAP, but its' calendaring is what doesn't work. I couldn't get the alpha connector to work either. How are you doing the calender with z-push?

To use calendar with Z-push...you must be running Zarafa or a few other backends:

http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/

matt_adelaide

Postby matt_adelaide » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:20 am

Hi everyone,

Understanding that this thread has been rather silent lately, I would just like to know if anyone has installed the scalix-funambol connector lately?

I am trying to get it working, but everytime I add the funambol-scalix-0.6.36.s4j to install.properties, and run the install-modules I am no longer able to access funamboladmin, as soon as i remove the scalix connector, and rerun modules-install, I am then able to access funamboladmin.

My setup is as follows:

Centos 5.1
Scalix 11.4.3 (community edition)
funambol-7.1.1

Scalix and funambol are running on the same server, and the setup has been configured correctly to allow both to run on the same server as per the instructions on other posts.

If anyone can help, would be greatly appreciated.

matt_adelaide

Postby matt_adelaide » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:20 am

OK, I answered my own question on the above.

I reverted funambol back to version 6.5 and now the connector installs OK.

I now have the following problem though.

I installed the funambol client on a Windows Mobile 6 device, but I am unable to sync contacts and calendar. When the mobile device tries to sync it shows the following error:

"Sync not completed, please try later. If the error persists, contact technical support"

Can someone point me in the right direction to get calendar/contacts to sync.

Cheers

Matt

jhamill

Postby jhamill » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:55 am

Hi Matt in adelaid

how are you going with this, do you have the connector loaded and working in Funambol? do you get any errors in admin?

john (in sydney)

matt_adelaide wrote:OK, I answered my own question on the above.

I reverted funambol back to version 6.5 and now the connector installs OK.

I now have the following problem though.

I installed the funambol client on a Windows Mobile 6 device, but I am unable to sync contacts and calendar. When the mobile device tries to sync it shows the following error:

"Sync not completed, please try later. If the error persists, contact technical support"

Can someone point me in the right direction to get calendar/contacts to sync.

Cheers

Matt

matt_adelaide

Postby matt_adelaide » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:46 am

Hi John.

Thanks for the reply,

I havent had a chance to get back to this as yet, but will be looking into it again in the first part of this week. (have to have a solution for my client by Thursday.)

Once I have re-setup my test rig, I will let you know.

Kind Regards

Matt

ITCons

Re: Scalix <-> Funambol alpha connector available

Postby ITCons » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:05 am

Since the last post in this thread has been over 2 years ago, I wonder if the current discussion/topic is still active/of interest.

I am interested in getting the funambol-scalix module working on fumanbol Server 9, as I am always for updated software :)

When I install the module funambol-scalix-0.5.47.s4j OR funambol-scalix-0.6.36.s4j, I get a HTTP Status 500 error page when restarting the server.

If anyone can point me to the source code (or send it to me) I will be looking at the problems with the development kit and debug the problems with funambol server 9.

ITCons

Re: Scalix <-> Funambol alpha connector available

Postby ITCons » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:25 am

ITCons wrote:Since the last post in this thread has been over 2 years ago, I wonder if the current discussion/topic is still active/of interest.

I am interested in getting the funambol-scalix module working on fumanbol Server 9, as I am always for updated software :)

When I install the module funambol-scalix-0.5.47.s4j OR funambol-scalix-0.6.36.s4j, I get a HTTP Status 500 error page when restarting the server.

If anyone can point me to the source code (or send it to me) I will be looking at the problems with the development kit and debug the problems with funambol server 9.

Here are some cross-postings (in german) in other forums regarding this thread:

http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/scalix-funambol/#post-2150191

http://www.opensourceprovider.ch/exchange-alternativen-f8/scalix-und-funambol-smartphone-synchronisation-t366.html

http://blog.ascsoftware.ch/exchange-mailserver/funambol-synchronisationsservice-schweiz/

Return to “Third Party Integration”