How can I query public folder contacts with LDAP Clients?

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

Carsten.Jenner

How can I query public folder contacts with LDAP Clients?

Postby Carsten.Jenner » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:30 am

We need to query Scalix 11 public contacts via LDAP for different foreign client applications like Thunderbird, OTRS
I managed to query the personal contacts
Example with openkdap:
ldapsearch -h scalix.syncope.de -D "cn=Carsten Jenner,o=Scalix" -x -w secret -b 'o=MyContacts'

How can i query contacts in public folders with ldap?

mmbl13

Postby mmbl13 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:16 am

Hi,

i need to know the same thing.

Thanks
Martin

dannyt
Scalix
Scalix

Postby dannyt » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:34 am

Hi,

The private folder contacts feature is really there to support SWA. Unfortunately it is not possible to search for public folder contacts via LDAP. The only way I can think of is to turn them into SYSTEM directory entries and searched via LDAP in the normal way.

Regards,
Danny

thomashe

Re: How can I query public folder contacts with LDAP Clients?

Postby thomashe » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:19 am

I need to search for all Contacts via ldapsearch as well. Did anything changed in the meantime?

ldapsearch for a certain account contact-list works (ldapsearch -x -h MyHost -z 0 -LLL -D "cn=First Second,o=Scalix" -b'o=MyContacts' -wMyPassword)
What i additionally need:
- The public contacts
- All private contacts of all user (guess i need to use "cn=sxadmin" but have no clue what ldapsearch arguments i need to use to get this information)

i have to use ldapsearch because the query is running on a different system

Thanks

Thomas

the2nd

Postby the2nd » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:47 am

Hi,

same problem here. we need to search public folder contacts via ldap from our ticket system. using SYSTEM works fine but we need public folders because its easier to manage contacts via public folder than via SAC.

any news on this?

thanks
the2nd

thomashe

Postby thomashe » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:46 am

As it seems the public folders/contacts are somehow hidden in datafiles (i can't find them in the database for example) i developed a workaround.
I'm retrieving the public contact list using IMAP and store them in a seperate openldap instance. It's not the optimal solution but it works :cry:

Return to “Third Party Integration”