What happend to SyncML in Scalix 11 GA?

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

racmar

What happend to SyncML in Scalix 11 GA?

Postby racmar » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:11 pm

This thread mentions syncML support for scalix 11:
http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4193&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=syncml

And it used to be on the scalix version comparison chart. However, now it appears to be completely missing from any literature on mobile clients:
http://www.scalix.com/enterprise/products/mobilitysolutions.php

I have a PO for over $4000 and we were going to buy based on support for WM5 devices without the need for notifylink (windows server only). Can anybody answer my this:

What happened to syncML support in Scalix 11? Is this still going to be implemented in v11, and if so, when?

-Thanks

CScherm

SyncML support in Scalix 11

Postby CScherm » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:37 pm

We are actively working on supporting SyncML in Scalix 11. Our most recent round of testing yielded some very positive results for the connector we are working with, but there is still work remaining before we can release anything, incl. a full QA cycle and packaging - documentation, installation, etc.

Once we have gotten through the current phase of testing/packaging, our intent is to make it available for download and evaluation, which will be announced at that time.

caribk

Postby caribk » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:38 pm

Is the intent to make SyncML available in the CE version or SMB/Enterprise only?

Also, as a software developer myself I know there's no such thing as firm release dates and bug-free software :wink:, but just as a ball-park estimate.. what time frame are we looking at for a QA cycle, packaging etc... Q2,Q3, '08?

racmar

syncml time frame

Postby racmar » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:34 pm

I've been informally told it is scheduled for June this year (2007), and will be released for Scalix 11. I'm not sure if it will be available for the CE version. Also, this is all just hearsay, as I have no ties to anyone in development. Anyone from Scalix what to offer a legitimate roadmap?

caribk

Postby caribk » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:31 pm

bump

any updates on this from scalix?

dirkfries

Postby dirkfries » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:23 am

Hi @all,

are there some news about SyncML ?
Some of our customers are interested in Scalix but it has to be connected to Mozilla Lighting.
Afaik there is a SyncML for Mozilla Lightning available but I just couldn't find one for Scalix :-(

obrodkin

Postby obrodkin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:12 pm

we are running Scalix for 10 months and every month someone ask for the feature that make me wish for syncML: mobile devices and Thunderbird Lightening.

BTW, there is 3d party scalix connector for the funambol:

viewtopic.php?t=8480&highlight=

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:40 am

I don't think that going through a complex 3rd-party app to support lightning makes much sense; we will be releasing full CalDAV support later this year and that will enable Lightning to work directly with the Scalix server.

As for mobile device support, obviously the acquisition and agreement with Microsoft that came with it has turned the priorities around a little bit, with ActiveSync now being higher up on the list than SyncML, for better device coverage and higher quality.

What kind of devices are you interested in supporting?

Thx,
Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

obrodkin

Postby obrodkin » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:15 pm

After most management in my company moved to Thunderbird, calendar is most requested application (full support, not read only). The 2nd, Windows based mobile phones need to be updated with calendar events, preferably over the air.

Thanks, Florian.

LawrenceHaw

Re: What happend to SyncML in Scalix 11 GA?

Postby LawrenceHaw » Mon May 30, 2011 10:14 am

Hi,
I hope that this is in the correct forum - I am running Scalix 11 and am Wondering is there actuall SyncML Support built in ? It has been some years since this post began.
Thanks

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: What happend to SyncML in Scalix 11 GA?

Postby billb3 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:24 pm

LawrenceHaw wrote:Hi,
I hope that this is in the correct forum - I am running Scalix 11 and am Wondering is there actuall SyncML Support built in ? It has been some years since this post began.
Thanks

No, you should use Activesync or BES for mobile syncing...

Return to “Third Party Integration”