MacOS integration

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

joako

MacOS integration

Postby joako » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Is it possible to use the Caneldar and Address Book applications from MacOS with a Scalix server? I have searched but I can not find any instructions on how to set it up. I tried to setup LDAP for Address Book but I never got it working. I remember before Scalix development was halted and Scalix employees used to post Florian always said how the MacOS stuff should work, but I can't find those posts any more.
<Signature deleted... Florian>

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: MacOS integration

Postby billb3 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 pm

For Calendar, you can use CalDAV:

http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=TB/TB-2008-01-CALDAV

For address book, your only option is to have read-only access via LDAP. These instructions are for Outlook, but you should be able to adapt them to your client of choice.

http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=HowTos/OL2007_LDAP

joako wrote:I remember before Scalix development was halted and Scalix employees used to post...

Whoa...Heynow...Watchit...keep the dream of 11.5 alive!

joako

Postby joako » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:39 am

MacOS requires a "Search Base" for the server as well which is not documented there.

Using o=MyContacts as per http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Aye2s98a6QMJ:www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D47782+scalix+mac+%22address+book%22&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a does not work.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:31 pm

joako wrote:<Signature deleted... Florian>

this is somewhat in line with some other poorly grounded remarks by the same poster (and it's not often that I get THAT personal in public).

In my 6+ years at Scalix, and in being a forum member (and one of the moderators and actually a "founder" member) for almost the same time, I have *not* deleted a single (non-spam post) or thread, I have *not* changed anyone's signature and I've actually not even disabled a single "real" (i.e. interested in Scalix, not sex drugs or else) account. I may add that although I've reduced the time I spend on this considerably, I believe that I still have the largest number of posts of any single person under my belt.

I would therefore prefer if my name was not used in such a way by you.

Tx,
Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

joako

Postby joako » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:30 pm

You put it there.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Did I? :-$ Seems... I'm getting old or so confused by your other musings that..... You must have had something even more nasty in there before then.. luckily I forgot!

-F

joako

Postby joako » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:56 pm

You can put back the Scalix mirror if you wish

http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9620&p=43761&hilit=Download#p43761

echelon

Postby echelon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:55 pm

You would also have the option of running Thunderbird (assuming that the lightning plugin is available for the Macs as well.) That is extra software to install but it possibly gives you a consistent client with Windows and Linux machines.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:30 am

echelon wrote:assuming that the lightning plugin is available for the Macs as well.

It most certainly is, although the UI lacks slightly in terms of visuals and elegance, in the eyes of a Mac user. :-)

Florian.

joako

Postby joako » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:51 pm

But is it not possible to use the Apple Address Book with LDAP? Does anyone have the correct settings?

Return to “Third Party Integration”