[Solved] Duplicate groups imported from LDAP cannot be...

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

nlindq

[Solved] Duplicate groups imported from LDAP cannot be...

Postby nlindq » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:59 pm

I have Scalix set up with omldapsync so that user/password management is handled in our OpenLDAP backend.

We also have a couple of scalixGroupClass objects which we use for doing rights management on delegated mailboxes.

I made a duplicate of one of the groups, but I failed to change the displayName attribute, so when the group was imported via omldapsync, it shows up as a duplicate in the system directory, and when I try to remove the duplicate entry through SAC, I receive a "Could not delete [Group Name]" message.

I've corrected the displayName attribute, but I receive the following message when trying to sync:

Code: Select all

<message>CN=[Group Name]/OU1=[node] [OM 16955] Entry is not unique in the Directory  :scalix.maei.ca</message>
<errorcode>OM 16955</errorcode>

I presume there must be some commandline utility which will let me figure out the specific internal ID and delete it, but the usual tools pertaining to users don't seem to find the entry. I'd be very grateful for any pointers!
Last edited by nlindq on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Duplicate groups imported from LDAP cannot be deleted

Postby Valerion » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:50 am

omshowpdl -l all will show you all the groups on the system, and omdelpdl will delete one.

omsearch can be used to check the contents of the SYSTEM directory, where all the ID's are stored. omdelent deletes entries there, but be SURE you use omdelpdl first.

Check the man page for these commands, and make sure you don't mess it up. May be worthwhile to have a Scalix expert checking it for you. There may be some changes to the sync logs needed to ensure this works correctly.

nlindq

Re: Duplicate groups imported from LDAP cannot be deleted

Postby nlindq » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks, that worked for removing the duplicate entry! For whatever reason omldapsync no longer tries to synchronize the new group, but I'll play with a couple of different flags and figure it out.

Return to “Third Party Integration”