Thunderbird Lightning does not update free/busy

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

echelon

Thunderbird Lightning does not update free/busy

Postby echelon » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:13 pm

I am running Scalix 11.4.5 on the server. I am running Thunderbird 3.0.3 plus the latest Lightning plugin. I am running this on both Windows XP and Fedora Core 11. At least one user is using thunderbird 3 beta on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5. This does not seem to be related to either the client OS or even a specific thunderbird/lighting version (as long as it is at least TB 3 beta.)

We use Thunderbird + Lightning to subscribe/publish to the Scalix calendar, which works pretty nicely. When scheduling a meeting Thunderbird can view recipient's free/busy information. However, Thunderbird does not update free/busy information. You can check the free/busy information for a user at the server with the following command:

# sxshowfb --user "John Smith"

If I create a calendar entry in Thunderbird and then update it in SWA free/busy information will be updated.
If I create a calendar entry in Thunderbird and then login to Outlook, free/busy information will be updated (I don't think I even need to update the entry in Outlook.)

Is lightning unable to publish free/busy information to Scalix?
Or is Scalix server itself supposed to generate the free/busy info when it detects that the client has updated the calendar?

Is there a way to have the server regenerate free/busy info (maybe something that I could run as a cron job?)

Thanks

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Thunderbird Lightning does not update free/busy

Postby ls-al » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:57 am

F/B is currently a client-side feature. Only Outlook and SWA are able to update the informations in the FREEBUSY directory. Elements that have been created with other clients will only be visible in F/B once OL or SWA have updated the data in the publish-range.
There are plans to change this behaviour in 11.5.

gren
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Thunderbird Lightning does not update free/busy

Postby gren » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:40 am

Server-side responsibility for providing FreeBusy information is actively being worked on and is making good progress. Barring nasty surprises, it should be in the next major feature release (11.5 rather than 11.4.X)

Regards,
Gren.

Return to “Third Party Integration”