iCal events vanish

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

skygriffin

iCal events vanish

Postby skygriffin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi,

I have just been evaluating the Scalix CalDav functionality and have encounted a strange issue. I can create an event in iCal, the event will then replicate into swc however, it will then vanish from iCal (whilst remaining in swc). Further, events created in swc do not replicate across to iCal. It is almost as if CalDav is writing (to Scalix) but not reading (to iCal)

All software versions are current. Any advice / guidance would be appreciated

Mark

gren
Scalix
Scalix

Re: iCal events vanish

Postby gren » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:29 am

Hi Mark,

Which version of Scalix and which version of iCal.app are you using?

I'm aware of one user with similar sounding symptoms with iCal.app 4.0 (shipped with Snow Leopard) with some but not all calendars. I'm still diagnosing the cause of that without luck so far. The strange thing is that I see iCal.app asking for all the data and being sent all the data. I don't see any errors in the iCal.app logs to suggest that it doesn't like the reply but it doesn't paint any appointments in the calendar.

Regards,
Gren.

skygriffin

Postby skygriffin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 am

Hi Gren,

yes - iCal 4.0 in Snow Leopard and Scalix 11.4.5 - similar, I have been through the logs and have not found any errors. I did have a test configuration a month or two ago with 11.4.4 and iCal 3.5 (I think) which seemed to work.

Mark

skygriffin

Postby skygriffin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:57 am

Gren,

also - I just tried iCal 3.0 - with the same result

Mark

skygriffin

Postby skygriffin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:20 pm

ok - so now I have migrated Scalix to a new server - fresh install - just moved /var/opt/scalix - same problem. iCal connects without complaint - but doen not sync and iCal appointments appear to be deleted

gren
Scalix
Scalix

Postby gren » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:26 am

Hi Mark,

I tracked down the issue I was getting. It was actually in pre-production and was a wrinkle resulting from the move to Tomcat 6. You haven't by any chance swapped in tomcat 6 instead of scalix-tomcat?

Otherwise, I suspect your issue is specific to the contents of your calendar. Nothing useful in the tomcat logs?

Regards,
Gren.

skygriffin

Postby skygriffin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:52 am

no - using scalix-tomcat - I have been through the logs - but maybe not the correct ones - which ones should I focus on?

skygriffin

Postby skygriffin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:41 am

more information - I have been able to sync on an alternate account. For the account in question the log scalix-swa-remote-client.log is showing a Hibernate error with references to CalDav and dav - not sure why there is a reference to iMap:

Code: Select all

2009-10-01 15:22:23,699 ERROR [ImapDataCache.getMessages:407] CACHE -  - Error (M00021) getting messages!
org.hibernate.StaleStateException: Batch update returned unexpected row count from update [0]; actual row count: 0; expected: 1
        at org.hibernate.jdbc.Expectations$BasicExpectation.checkBatched(Expectations.java:61)
        at org.hibernate.jdbc.Expectations$BasicExpectation.verifyOutcome(Expectations.java:46)
        at org.hibernate.jdbc.BatchingBatcher.checkRowCounts(BatchingBatcher.java:68)
        at org.hibernate.jdbc.BatchingBatcher.doExecuteBatch(BatchingBatcher.java:48)
        at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:246)
        at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:266)
        at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:168)
        at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:298)
        at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:27)
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1000)
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.managedFlush(SessionImpl.java:338)
        at org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.commit(JDBCTransaction.java:106)
        at com.scalix.api.mailbox.ImapDataCache.getMessages(ImapDataCache.java:400)
        at com.scalix.api.mailbox.Mailbox.getMessages(Mailbox.java:372)
        at com.scalix.api.mailbox.Mailbox.getMessages(Mailbox.java:348)
        at com.scalix.api.dav.caldav.CalDAVModule.list(CalDAVModule.java:407)
        at com.scalix.api.dav.store.MailboxStore.list(MailboxStore.java:687)
        at com.scalix.api.dav.store.MailboxStore.list(MailboxStore.java:762)
        at com.scalix.api.dav.store.FolderHandle.list(FolderHandle.java:254)
        at com.scalix.api.dav.caldav.CalendarHandle.list(CalendarHandle.java:104)
        at com.scalix.api.dav.repository.PropfindMethod.process(PropfindMethod.java:111)
        at com.scalix.api.dav.DavController.processRequest(DavController.java:98)
        at com.scalix.api.dav.DavController.handleRequest(DavController.java:128)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)

skygriffin

Re: iCal events vanish [Solution]

Postby skygriffin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:00 am

ok, the account for one user seems to have been corrupted - I exported the mailbox, deleted the account and then re-created the same account and imported the mbox file - problem corrected. Still not sure what caused the problem - but at least there is a solution of sorts.

Return to “Third Party Integration”