Scalix and Kaspersky Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

madaleno

Scalix and Kaspersky Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus

Postby madaleno » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:29 am

Hi,

Using Scalix 11.4.1.4518; Kaspersky Anti-Spam 3; Kaspersky Anti-Virus for mail servers 4; CentOS 4.7.

After reading many docs and posts I still have the same problem integrating these products.

What are the correct changes to make?
1) do I need to change Scalix's smtpd.cfg file?
2) If changing that file, do I need to add to that file the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER lines, or is that enough to only set the SMTPMILTER=TRUE?
3) I saw in some posts that it should be SMTPFILTER and not SMTPMILTER. But in scalix release notes is stated that SMTPFILTER is deprecated and SMTPMILTER is the new thing.
4) If adding the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER lines to smtpd.cfg do I still have to add the same lines to sendmail.mc ?

these are my smptd.cfg lines:
SMTPMILTER=TRUE
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER=('kas-milter', 'S=local:/var/run/kas-milter.socket, F=T, T=C:10s;S:20s;R:30s')
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`kav4lms_filter',`S=inet:10025@127.0.0.1,F=T,T=S:3m;R:5m;E:10m')

these are my sendmail.mc lines:
define(`_FFR_MILTER', `true')dnl
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`kav4lms_filter',`S=inet:10025@127.0.0.1,F=T,T=S:3m;R:5m;E:10m')dnl
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`kas-milter',`S=local:/var/run/kas-milter.socket, T=C:10s;S:20s;R:30s')dnl
define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS',`kas-milter,kav4lms_filter')dnl
define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL',`1')dnl

Thanks for any help.

GizmotroniX

Re: Scalix and Kaspersky Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus

Postby GizmotroniX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:00 am

Hello,

when I enable "SMTPMILTER=TRUE" and "INPUT_MAIL_FILTER in smtpd.cfg as shown in the post before for Kaspersky Anti Spam, then I get the following error in the smtpd-smtp.log

Code: Select all

[2010-04-23 14:51:37] Cli 17408/1 milter->backend: message rcpt 'to:<sxadmin@xxx.at'
[2010-04-23 14:51:37] Cli 17408/1 milter->backend: RCPT error 'to'
[2010-04-23 14:51:37] Cli 17408/1 sent  :
501 Syntax error in parameters scanning "to"

The sender get's an error message from Scalix SMTP with the above message, the mail would be rejected. If I use "SMTPFILTER" instead of SMTPMILTER and all mails are going to sendmail - then the KAS would work but greylisting always see mails from 127.0.0.1. So if the milter would work in the smtpd.cfg everything would be fine.

Any ideas or experience ?

Thx,
Roland

Return to “Third Party Integration”