Moving PST of Scalix Email to Google Apps

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.

Moderator: ScalixSupport

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Moving PST of Scalix Email to Google Apps

Postby billb3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Has anyone done this? I'm trying the Google Apps Migration Tool for Outlook, but it has lots of failures. I'm pretty sure it is related to the extra headers scalix has added to messages (http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40779). From some testing, it looks like I can do it manually via Outlook...but I don't really want to do that for 150 users...

les
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Moving PST of Scalix Email to Google Apps

Postby les » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:47 am

billb3 wrote: From some testing, it looks like I can do it manually via Outlook...but I don't really want to do that for 150 users...

i must warn you....when i first did pst export from scalix to exchange and it all looked like it imported/exported fine. no errors. i found though, later, that i had missing mail randomly throughout multiple users folders. And then, to make matters worse, i tried to import again and even though i said don't import duplicates it created duplicates. End result was drag/drop via imap for folders (exchange account with imap scalix) and pst export/import only for calendar,contacts,notes. That took longer, but is 99.5% perfect.

you may find imapsync more compatible, but i still prefer the drag/drop method for accuracy in migration. Good luck.
Regards,

Les Stott

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:53 pm

I should have been clearer, I'm looking to migrate my mail that has been archived from Outlook to a PST file...to Google Apps.

I was hoping to use the "Google Apps Migration Tool for Outlook", but since emails to/from other scalix users have the sender/recipients as "First Last /email/cn=First Last" instead of an email address...Google's automated tool rejects it.

I found a tool called Aid4Mail, but it isn't cheap. The other downside is that it will move the mail, but Google shows the to/from as "undisclosed recipients" since it doesn't know how to use ""First Last /email/cn=First Last" (IMAP drag & drop does the same). The benefit is that it can automate copying everything, instead of dragging & dropping from PST -> IMAP.

I'll update this post if I find any better solution...

eddieedwards

Postby eddieedwards » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:46 am

@billb3: I referenced the tool I used to move my users to Google Apps from Scalix in this thread: http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14683&start=150#p94079

There are those that think discussing Scalix alternatives are inappropriate in this forum, but given the current state of Scalix, I have no problem with it. However, in respect to those that do, you can PM me for details about our migration.

Cheers!
Mike

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 am

Migrating from Scalix is easy, it is the PST files that were giving us trouble. We ended up using Aid4Mail.

Return to “Third Party Integration”