Scalix questions configuration

Discuss Scalix Management Services ( formerly Scalix Admin Console )

Moderator: ScalixSupport

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Scalix questions configuration

Postby florian » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:34 am

b0oze wrote:1. Shared Mailboxes:
At Exchange i can create a mailbox, and from active directory and computers i can give other people access to that mailbox. Is there a way in Scalix Admin Console which makes this posible, whithout the use of outlook/webmail to set the persmissions? Users also should be able to mail from the shared mailbox

Unfortunately, no. The only way I can see this being done in an automated fashion right now is via a script that logs in to the user's mailbox using IMAP (possibly using mboxadmin rights to do so!), then setting permission and delegation settings using IMAP operations.

For 11.5, it is planned to provide a command line tool to achieve the same same, possibly with SAC integration.

2: Forward mail to other mailbox:
Some users need their mail external, the mail of those users should be stored in de mailbox, AND forwarded to an external mailbox. I can't find a forwarding function in SAC.

Not in SAC, but "sxaa" on the command line is your friend. It could be integrated into SAC as a self-written plugin.

3: The most important, restrict certain users:
The most users of our organisation should not be able to send e-mail to eachother, the outside world, en should not be able to recieve external e-mail. These users are only allowed to e=mail to their manager or other staff members. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Check out the mailbox level setting in ommodu command, combined with Service Router rules filtering email traffic. It's a bit of command line work, but will be able to accomplish what you look for.

Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

aacservices

Postby aacservices » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:52 am

I wouldn't hold your breath for v11.5
We've been waiting since 2009!

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Through which communication channel (phone? email? which number or address?) did you post those questions that remained un-answered? Please note that THIS forum is not monitored by Scalix personnel under any kind of "SLA" or so.

Florian.

da

Postby da » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Florian,

You stated
Please note that THIS forum is not monitored by Scalix personnel under any kind of "SLA" or so.

Could you please advise which forum IS used by Scalix personnel.

The last post on the Announcements forum was two years ago. As b0oze says, Xandros personnel do not respond to queries. Nor do I get any response to queries lodged via the Scalix website.

As are many other customers, I am at a loss as to how to get any information from Scalix. Is it really too much to expect some announcement (on the website, on the forums, by email to customers...) on what is happening with the product. Email is a critical part of running a business and we can't justify continuing with a product which for the past two years has effectively not been developed.

Please note that I am not contradicting your statement that development has continued; what I am saying is that customers have not benefited from any development. It is still not possible for customers to use the Scalix connector with Outlook 2010, nor webmail in the latest IE or Safari.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:59 pm

da wrote:Could you please advise which forum IS used by Scalix personnel.
Please note that I am not contradicting your statement that development has continued; what I am saying is that customers have not benefited from any development. It is still not possible for customers to use the Scalix connector with Outlook 2010, nor webmail in the latest IE or Safari.

I don't think I've made any statements in defense of how Scalix/Xandros (the company) are handling communications with customers and I'll have to stick that I can neither comment nor change any of what they are doing as I am not involved with the company at that level anymore. Your responsible contacts are Ming Poon, mingp@xandros.com, VP Product and one of Xandros' founders, as well as Andy Typaldos, andyt@xandros.com, CEO.

I also what to be clear that I'm not trying to hair-split or anything like this; I find the situation dissatisfying for everyone involved as well. All I was trying to do was to get facts, as far as I understand them, straight, hence my responses.

Merry Christmas,
Florian

PS - I technically joined this forum on christmas a couple years back, so its Happy Anniversary to myself. :-)

Return to “Scalix Management Services”