Umlauts and new users in Scalix 11.4.6.5113 SAC/SMS

Discuss Scalix Management Services ( formerly Scalix Admin Console )

Moderator: ScalixSupport

Boni

Umlauts and new users in Scalix 11.4.6.5113 SAC/SMS

Postby Boni » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:57 am

Hi everyone,

we have several Scalix servers running on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10. Last month I have installed two new servers with Scalix 11.4.6.5113 on a system with SLES 10 SP3, with a multi-server license and ActiveSync option. Both the SLES10 SP3 systems and Scalix installations have been set to German language (UTF-8).

When I try to create a user with German umlauts (ä, ü, ö) in SAC, an error appears ("user couldn't be created"). Strangely, the user becomes visible in the userlist but cannot be selected or deleted.

To view the userdata, I have to use omshowu, it outputs a question mark (?) at the place of the umlaut in the fields S-Tx and CN-TX.

I have already tried modifying the S-TX and CN-TX fields by hand using ommodu. This works, afterwards the umlauts correctly show up in the fields mentioned above. However, the user still cannot be selected in SAC.

On one of our other Scalix servers (11.3.0.77), using umlauts works without any problem. Server settings for the language are the same as in case of the new server (German, UTF-8).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, we're in the middle of a project and the deadline is coming nearer and nearer...

Please note that I've searched the forums and found a few entries on umlaut problems but none of the tips given in the corresponding threads were helpful in my case.

Regards,

Boris Lorenz

Return to “Scalix Management Services”