clear user server cache

Discuss Scalix Management Services ( formerly Scalix Admin Console )

Moderator: ScalixSupport

RickC

clear user server cache

Postby RickC » Mon May 03, 2010 9:33 am

Hi -

Is it possible to put a "clear user server cache" into SAC? this would be very nice for our help desk to use, instead of having to wait for an admin to run it via command line.

Thanks,

Rick

ltward

Re: clear user server cache

Postby ltward » Tue May 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi Rick,

That is a great idea. Unfortunately SAC plugins have some limitations built into them as safety precautions. From the SAC online help:

For security reasons, only full administrators (aka Scalix Admins) can run Plugins and even still, those administrators must have special Plugin permissions. For more on how to grant special Plugin access privileges, see the printed Scalix Management Console Guide.

There are several other restrictions on Plugins:

* They cannot download files or executables from the Internet
* They cannot remove or delete anything from the Scalix system’s file system
* They cannot remove or delete bulk users and groups
* They cannot consume large amounts of system resources, run repeatedly or for long periods of time

However this is a good enhancement request for something built into the SAC by the development team. Please feel free to enter an enhancement request at https://bugzilla.scalix.com

RickC

Postby RickC » Wed May 05, 2010 7:49 am

Thanks Leslie - I'll do that.

ltward

Postby ltward » Wed May 05, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm actually looking into this for another customer at the moment. Here's another idea (the one I'm pursuing, but it was Kevin's, not mine):
Have the plugin simply add authids or other user identification information to a file on the server.
Then have a cron job run every minute or every five minutes (whatever makes sense in your environment) and if it finds that file with user names or authids in it, rename it to something else and then clear the imap-cache for the user(s) listed in the file.

Return to “Scalix Management Services”