Mailbox quotas with hosted scalix

Discuss Scalix Management Services ( formerly Scalix Admin Console )

Moderator: ScalixSupport

jsluder

Mailbox quotas with hosted scalix

Postby jsluder » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi,
I am currently running Scalix 11.4.5 hosted version. I am trying to configure Mailbox quotas for our clients. I am wondering if there is a way to Manage this by mailnode instead of on a user by user basis. For instance instead of setting each user with 2gb available, set it so that a mailnode that has 10 users has a total of 20gb available.

If this is not possible, is it possible to configure an Administrator on that mailnode that can add and remove users, but not change their mailbox quota. The ScalixUserAttribute group doesn't allow change of mailbox quota, but can't create or delete users. And the ScalixUserAdmins group can create and remove users, but also can change mailbox quota. I need a level of access between these two.

ltward

Re: Mailbox quotas with hosted scalix

Postby ltward » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:24 am

I *think* 11.5 will allow you to set quotas on a per-mailnode basis.

In the meantime you could script something that would set the quota for each user in a given mailnode. You could name it something like "mnquota" and have the usage syntax be "mnquota <mailnode> <limit>" and then do something similar to the following

omshowu -m $1 | while read user
do
omlimit -u "$user" -m $2 -e <whatever sanctions you want>
done

The man page for omlimit will be helpful, as will the Administration Guide (the section about configuration options).

Return to “Scalix Management Services”