How to import mail accounts on mass - Solved

Discuss Scalix Management Services ( formerly Scalix Admin Console )

Moderator: ScalixSupport

jonnydoom

How to import mail accounts on mass - Solved

Postby jonnydoom » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:37 am

Hi, we are currently installing Scalix on to CentOS and we have roughly 300 users to create mail accounts for. We also have several aliases for each user.
I have a list created in excel which lists all mail accounts, aliases, domains and usernames.

Is there a quick way to import this into Scalix so that we don't have to create them all manually?
I have seen several posts mentioning ommadu in the admin console has the ability to import mail but will this cover the aliases also?

Could someone guide me through the process as I can't see this option when I log in as the administrator?

P.S I have very little/basic knowlegde as you may have guessed! Please help!
Last edited by jonnydoom on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: How to import mail accounts on mass

Postby Valerion » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:37 am

man ommodu is your friend here.

E.g.:

ommodu -n 'Test User/mailnode/CN=Test User/IA="Test User" <test.user@domain.com>=test@domain.com=other.alias@domain.com' -p 'password' --class=full

Or you can use the --bulk option.

jonnydoom

Postby jonnydoom » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:11 am

Super, this sounds quite promising! Thankfully.

I am assuming the example you have given needs to be entered at the command prompt? So there would still be some manual work to do or is there a way to refer it to my excel data?

I have checked again in the admin colsole. I can't see the bulf option. Do I need a plugin for this?

Thanks.

jonnydoom

Postby jonnydoom » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:17 am

Ok I think I understand now the more I have read about it.
I have attempted what you have said. In my example I have tried to set up a user account for someone who has different variations on his name, hence the need for the alias and the second is a user who collects mail sent to 2 different domains.
Does this look right?

omaddu
-bulk
-n 'joe.bloggs/mailnode/CN=joe.bloggs/IA="joe.bloggs"<joe.bloggs@mydomain.com=jo.bloggs@mydomain.com' -p password1 --class=full
-n 'jane.doe/mailnode/CN=jane.doe/IA="jane.doe"<jane.doe@mydomain.com=jane.doe@anydomain.com' -p password2 --class=full

Could you tell me what the class=full is?
And also on other posts I have seen the flags "ny,hq,mis", are these important?

jonnydoom

Postby jonnydoom » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:20 am

Now sorted. I used the following:

omaddu -n "Joe Bloggs/mn/IA=joe.bloggs@domain.co.uk=joebloggs@domain.co.uk" -p password218 --class Limited --swa N

Return to “Scalix Management Services”