Set Mailbox Delegation from Administration Interface?

Discuss Scalix Management Services ( formerly Scalix Admin Console )

Moderator: ScalixSupport

lelandv

Set Mailbox Delegation from Administration Interface?

Postby lelandv » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:25 am

Is there a way to set up delegation for a given premium account through the administration interface? Currently the only way I can find to actually turn on the delegation and set delegated users is from the webmail interface of the original user.

In our case, I've set up a "premium" user, such as "support", to which I want to add a list of users full delegate access to this mailbox,calendar, etc. Currently I have to actually login to webmail as "support" and add the users one-by-one from the Tools menu option.

Is there a way to do this either from administration or commandline without logging in as the primary user?

(Can certainly do it on Exchange with AD... <hint hint>)

Leland

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:08 am

The permissions models are different. Scalix works on a discretionary access control policy (i.e. the user decides who sees his mail and who not), while AD uses a madatory access control policy (centrally assigned by the adminstrator). I personally prefer the former, then there's no accusations of "You read my email! Bad administrator!". Have seen people that would do that as well.

Return to “Scalix Management Services”