Username appears in SAC but not omshowu

Discuss Scalix Management Services ( formerly Scalix Admin Console )

Moderator: ScalixSupport

kiitii

Username appears in SAC but not omshowu

Postby kiitii » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi,

I've recently hit with this strange issue, the username appears in SAC, when i click on the username on the left pane of SAC, i got this "unable to retrieve user info" pop up.

After running command omshowu, the username/fullname/CN cannot be found.
When i ran the command omsearch, the user still there.

No way i can ran omscan, neither omtidyu.

The user is now so pissed off where he cannot access his mailbox for more than a week. Please help!

KT

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:41 am

The user's mailbox is no longer on the server. omshowu shows the currently configured mailboxes, while omsearch shows the directory entries only. This is also why SAC can't display it, as it uses LDAP to display the userlist and omshowu tyo retrieve mailbox info.

It is possible that his mailbox is still on the server, but then omscan would have given you a warning regarding that. Since I don't know what your omscan output looks like, I can't say for sure.

The only way around this would likely involve getting the user back from your backups, unless the user's files are still hanging around, and you can re-construct the mailbox. However, a omscan -f may have deleted these.

kiitii

Postby kiitii » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:08 am

Valerion wrote:The user's mailbox is no longer on the server. omshowu shows the currently configured mailboxes, while omsearch shows the directory entries only. This is also why SAC can't display it, as it uses LDAP to display the userlist and omshowu tyo retrieve mailbox info.

It is possible that his mailbox is still on the server, but then omscan would have given you a warning regarding that. Since I don't know what your omscan output looks like, I can't say for sure.

The only way around this would likely involve getting the user back from your backups, unless the user's files are still hanging around, and you can re-construct the mailbox. However, a omscan -f may have deleted these.

I did some searching on fatal log, and i found out this user's physical folder location. Then i went in the folder, it was there, except the file 00000v8 is zero byte.

"omscan" command gives me "user not found".

How do i re-construct user's mailbox?

appreciate you help.

KT

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:29 am

This is something that's hard to do on the forums, without access to the PC. In short, the user needs to be re-added (without re-creating a mailbox directory) and the v8 file needs to be restored from a backup. Then you need to see if the emails are still in the data directory, or if they have been moved to orphans/deleted.

For this I would get Scalix Support or a reseller involved to take a look at your machine directly.

kiitii

Postby kiitii » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:03 am

Valerion wrote:This is something that's hard to do on the forums, without access to the PC. In short, the user needs to be re-added (without re-creating a mailbox directory) and the v8 file needs to be restored from a backup. Then you need to see if the emails are still in the data directory, or if they have been moved to orphans/deleted.

For this I would get Scalix Support or a reseller involved to take a look at your machine directly.

thanks for the input Valerion, like you say, i've no choice but to seek help from Scalix support, and they did solve the issue.

KT

Return to “Scalix Management Services”