Feature Request - Notifier

General feedback

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

kkircher

Feature Request - Notifier

Postby kkircher » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:33 pm

First off, love the the email server and webclient. However, I do have a suggestion, that I am guessing has already been recommended before, but I couldn't find it in the forums.

I would love for a little notifier program that you can use to notify people who use the webclient, but aren't logged in, that new email is in your inbox. Much like Google's gmail notifier, this would be a simple program that would run on your system and popup that new email has arrived. Of course all other client programs do this anyways, so if your using Outlook or Thunderbird, you get this feature automatically, but for people who use the web client, it would be great to know you have new email when you don't have the actual webclient up on your screen.

Any thoughts?

-- K

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:05 pm

,-) 2 thoughts.

1. sure - the idea is useful and good. to get anywhere, you would want to log an enhancement request at bugzilla.scalix.com (mark severity=enhancement) and our product management team (including myself!) will have a look at it when we plan for the new release.

2. we provide at least one API that could be used to do this - Scalix Messaging Services; the other alternative would be to go through IMAP - both are equally valid methods though i would suggest the former. given that the messaging services service is also open source, it should all be fairly easy. Therefore, you could actually kick off a little project yourself. We'll be providing space to host such projects starting sometime later this quarter when we finish the rollout of our open source program.

Thoughts?? .-)

Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

aacservices

Re: Feature Request - Notifier

Postby aacservices » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:49 am

I've just been asked if this is available buy some of our non-premium users.
I've filed the Bug 21493

mmas

Re: Feature Request - Notifier

Postby mmas » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:00 am

Yes, great feature request. Other user request this too (Bug 14414 - Webmail Notifier Agent).

My wishlist: ;)

Bug 17333 - SWA new email notification via taskbar button
Bug 16746 - Option to always request read receipts.
Bug 17949 - "Do not deliver before" option
Bug 18369 - Users should be able to modify personal PDLs from SWA's addressbook icon.
Bug 18685 - Add option to set reading pane in right pane.
Bug 681 - Provide 'save all attachments' functionality
Bug 18010 - ability to add images to a signature
Bug 18016 - Mailbox | Properties/Permission of Parent folder is not inherited to subfolders
Bug 21494 - Rules Wizard - Dialog to choose folders
And...
pagination (this help folder with lot of messages to be "faster")

What is your opinion ? Please vote ;)

Scalix, please.. reborn!

Return to “Feedback”