Email Archiving and Inappropriate Content Filter

General feedback

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

mclark2112

Email Archiving and Inappropriate Content Filter

Postby mclark2112 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:57 am

I am considering Scalix for our email server. We are currently outsourcing our email to a third party, but we need to bring it in house to satisfy SOX regulations (among other things). Scalix does everything I need, seems to be much better than some of the other solutions out there (Zimbra, etc). We have about 75 employees.

I need some extra pieces to bring this in house, spam and A/V (many times handled on the same box, I know), and email archiving and filtering.

It seems that many are running a second server or appliance to handle these things. What have Scalix users used, and what does Scalix recommend for these solutions?

Thanks,

Matt

jangi

Re: Email Archiving and Inappropriate Content Filter

Postby jangi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Although I don't use them, Scalix offers integrated SPAM, AV, and Archiving support.

PaulHerron

Postby PaulHerron » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:11 pm

I use an outside service for spam and antivirus -- McAffee Total Protection for Small Business. It works great from my perspective and is one less thing that I need to worry about maintaining. MX records point to their servers and their servers then redirect to mine. The spam and virus checking is in real time -- I can watch connections via Wireshark and see safe messages go through and blocked messages abort moments after connection. Also, using a third party service lets me limit inbound smtp connections to the IP range of the service.

pauldombowsky

Postby pauldombowsky » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi mclark2112 ,

Scalix does have both Antivirus as well as Antispam solutions. They are delivered with Commtouch's Recurring Pattern Detection technologies and are popular additions to our portfolio for smb and enterprise deployments.

You can learn more on the Antispam page: http://www.scalix.com/enterprise/technology/antispam.php as well as the Antivirus page: http://www.scalix.com/enterprise/technology/zerohourav.php

Hope this is helpful. Let us know if you have further questions or would like to see a demo.

Paul

seankoshy

Postby seankoshy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:30 pm

What about email archiving? Anyone have any experience with any solutions working with scalix?

Thanks,

Sean

ldiadmin

Postby ldiadmin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:34 am

Hi Mark,

You may want to consider using a SOX compliant company like LAN Doctors, Inc for email, spam, AV, backup, and service automation. If you are interested in more information, please let me know.

Todd

Return to “Feedback”