How far off is ActiveSync?

General feedback

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

matt-j

How far off is ActiveSync?

Postby matt-j » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:54 am

As it says in the title really. A couple of directors are pushing for it now and at some point i'm going to have to look at other solution. So if some one from Scalix has any idea when it could be coming that would be great.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:10 pm

same statement as in another thread; we are still working through a number of issues after internal testing and we're not perfectly happy with functionality and need to fix a couple bugs, including some found after additional device testing.

It'll be made available once our QA and Dev team is satisfied with the quality; we'll then go for public beta, followed by general release.

You can trust that it is in our best interest to get this out as soon as possible, however we haven't set a definitive date. Stay tuned.

Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

davidbowman

I am also under pressure for this !

Postby davidbowman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:07 pm

:)

grahamk

Postby grahamk » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:38 pm

I spose the real issue is that in a few more weeks, you'll be 6 months outside of a date that you did advertise previously... Could you at least tell us which quarter of which year you expect it to be released? or even which half of which year???? This is becoming a bit of a joke imho.

lelandv

Postby lelandv » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:01 pm

It was also high on our list of requirements when we decided to purchase Scalix Enterprise edition... we were led to believe (given the marketing hype) that the Activsync plugin was already available... after we purchased we found out that it wasn't, despite the release date advertised on the forums being way back in Q2 2008...

What's the latest target rollout date for this ?

L.

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:37 pm

lelandv wrote:It was also high on our list of requirements when we decided to purchase Scalix Enterprise edition... we were led to believe (given the marketing hype) that the Activsync plugin was already available... after we purchased we found out that it wasn't, despite the release date advertised on the forums being way back in Q2 2008...

That is just bad research/demoing on your part, but we are all frustrated with the delays. Hopefully soon?

lelandv

Postby lelandv » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:40 am

billb3 wrote:That is just bad research/demoing on your part, but we are all frustrated with the delays. Hopefully soon?

Indeed it was... though it didn't help that at the time the website, marketing, etc., was a little LESS clear than it is now (the website changed somewhat 3 days after our purchase). Oh well, we live and learn... but still eager to see the ActiveSync ASAP...

L.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:55 am

First, I'm sorry for misleading communication on the website. I'll take personal responsibility for that although as it was published we believed that we would more-or-less make the dates.

Things certainly didn't turn out the way we expected; iPhone brought along some surprises, as well as others in internal testing.

As of today, it's getting close, but not there yet. We will be releasing a first closed-group beta in early Q1; we've over 200 people signed up for that, if you want to join the group, please contact the Scalix sales team - however note that this will require a separate server for the Active Sync setup (the final product can also be installed on the actual Scalix server) and it will do Mail and Contacts only as we are not super-happy with the calendar sync quality yet.

Depending on the outcome of this, we'll then publish a public beta, available to everyone. This will then be followed by the initial product.

Again, some of the timeframes will depend on the feedback, all I would dare to commit to at this point is that all of this is happening in 1H/2009. And yes, this may mean that at the end of the day we're up to one year late against our original estimates - but I'd still think that the product itself will meet or exceed your expectations by what it doesn.

And then there will be some,
Merry Christmas,
Florian
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

Return to “Feedback”