Feature Request : Simple Cache

General feedback

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

tdegouw

Feature Request : Simple Cache

Postby tdegouw » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:31 am

Hi guys,

I don't know if it is possible but, it would be really nice to have a simple "only cache" function of SmartCache. Something that keeps in between scalix server and outlook and keeps the messages cached on local disk so they do not have to be retrieved from the server once you login?

This due to the problems with SmartCache and laptops (Hibernate, files getting corrupt, infinite syncing, etc) this would be a really welcome addition. Nothing fancy with syncing, just a cache to enable people that are now working directly using GPRS/slow internet connections to receive their already received mail (earlier during an other session) faster.

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby billb3 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:46 am

Alternately, I would love a feature in SmartCache that would allow "Headers-Only" for all folders...but "Full" for Inbox. Would result in much faster syncs (especially the initial sync)...

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:02 pm

billb3 wrote:Alternately, I would love a feature in SmartCache that would allow "Headers-Only" for all folders...but "Full" for Inbox. Would result in much faster syncs (especially the initial sync)...

This is pretty much what you get if you turn on the 'Optimize For Mobile Use' option.

Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

rlshepard

Re:

Postby rlshepard » Thu May 21, 2009 12:10 pm

florian wrote:
This is pretty much what you get if you turn on the 'Optimize For Mobile Use' option.

Florian.

Where exactly is this enabled? I don't seem to find it anywhere.....
It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about the problem.

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Re:

Postby billb3 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:11 pm

rlshepard wrote:
florian wrote:

Florian.

Where exactly is this enabled? I don't seem to find it anywhere.....

Same as "Headers Only"

Return to “Feedback”