Issues while installing AD Schema extension files on server 2008

Best practice information from Scalix users relating to integration of Scalix with other products.
christophernolan

Issues while installing AD Schema extension files on server 2008

Postby christophernolan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:49 am

Hi All,

I installed Scalix_AD_Schema_Extensions-x64-11.4.6.851.msi and Scalix_AD_GUI_Extensions-x64-11.4.6.851.msi files on my Windows server 2008.
As soon as I installed those two files and registered Adminmmc.dll , server 2008 ADDS has started to show various issues.
First the AD would hang, then when I tried to add new users it has started to show me errors.
That error says “MMC has detected an error in snap in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC”.
After uninstalling above files (msis) by uninstalling using control panel the AD starts working just fine(as before).
I am trying to integrate my server 2008 AD with Scalix Server and I am doing that by following the wiki
http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Howtos/AD_Integration
Please any help in this matter is appreciated.

thanks,
Chris

anthonygonzales

Re: Issues while installing AD Schema extension files on server 2008

Postby anthonygonzales » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:20 am

Hello,

May be schema has not extended properly, recheck the schema.

Anthony

christophernolan

Re: Issues while installing AD Schema extension files on server 2008

Postby christophernolan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:41 am

Hi Anthony,
I finally understood. Maybe there seems to be a character limit on the domain name . My Domain name is only two characters long. And maybe that is why the schema extension and gui extension MSI files do not install correctly and gave me the above error. I created a VM with bigger domain name(five to eight characters long) and installed on it the msi files and it worked perfectly fine .
thanks,
Chris

Return to “Third Party Integration”