Scalix 11 FAQs

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

dkelly
Scalix
Scalix

Scalix 11 FAQs

Postby dkelly » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:06 pm

I've compiled a list of FAQs from customers installing or upgrading to Scalix 11.

The information is on the wiki at http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scalix_11_FAQs and will be updated over time.

Please comment if you've seen something in the forums that should be on this list.

Cheers

Dave

dhuguenin

RE: Scalix and Fedora 6

Postby dhuguenin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:43 pm

Dave:

Was just wondering if you know does Scalix support Fedora 6? I am in the process of retiring my Exchange 5.5 Server and had installed Fedora 6, but seem to be having a hard time getting Scalix to install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

schiavo

Support for Fedora 6

Postby schiavo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:56 pm

Was this question ever answered?

I was hoping to install on Fedora 6.

PeterR

Re: Support for Fedora 6

Postby PeterR » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:29 am

schiavo wrote:Was this question ever answered?
I was hoping to install on Fedora 6.

As far as I know Fedora 6 is unsupported, but Fedora 7 is supported. (Scalix 11.2 )
I would suggest using Centos 5, it's a "open-source-clone" of RedHat Enterprise Server 5 which is "based" on Fedora 6.

Fedora 8 is available and for mid 2008 Fedora 9 should be released, so Fedora 6 will be very soon out of product live.

For running a mailserver you need a stable, long-term-supported OS, so Fedora fails, imho :)

I'm not 100% sure but I think I've seen Florian talking about "nativ " support for Centos in the next Scalix 11.3 release for mid-december 2007.

HTH, Peter.

Return to “Installation”