Scalix on SLES 11 ?

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

dirkfries

Scalix on SLES 11 ?

Postby dirkfries » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:28 am

Hi @all,

we're planning to install the current version of Scalix on a SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.
Unfortunaly neither the SLES 10, nor the OpenSUSE 11 Package will install on SLES 11.
Are there any hints how I can install Scalix on SLES 11, or are the any plans to publish a SLES 11 package in the near future ?

Thank you very mich in advance !

Bye Dirk

schweidj

Re: Scalix on SLES 11 ?

Postby schweidj » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:54 am

Hi all,

I'm looking for an SLES 11 release too.

Till there are SLESS 11 packages I installed SLES 10 with the appropriate scalix. Work's like a charm.

By Joe

dadaniel

Postby dadaniel » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:37 am

Hello!

Any news on this topic?

joako

Postby joako » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Beta testing on SLES 11 SP2 to start beta testing soon. Scalix fired their developers and project managers, don't expect anything anytime soon.
<Signature deleted... Florian>

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:20 am

joako wrote:Beta testing on SLES 11 SP2 to start beta testing soon. Scalix fired their developers and project managers, don't expect anything anytime soon.

Dear friend,

I can certainly confirm that Scalix has not fired any developer or project manager, and that's a statement I'll pretty much bet my life on. So not sure why you're making "factual" statements that are simply wrong, or, in other words, a clear lie.

I'll lock your account now. First time I've done that in 6 years for a non-spammer. Sorry. Enough is enough.

Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

rsommer

Postby rsommer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:15 am

Florian,

that's the right decision here.
On the other hand, many Scalix Reseller/Partner pass this rumor. So it doesn't take much to believe such a thing. And Xandros didn't take much against it in the past. So i am realy happy to read your statement.

regards,

Rolf

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:01 am

Rolf,

as I've said in other places, I'm myself part-time with Scalix these days, which was a voluntary decision to re-focus on new things after spending a very long time with a single product. As such, I'm not really entitled anymore to make an official statement on what will happen going forward. I can say that there is some restructuring going on and, quite obviously, some past release goals have not been met. I can also understand that some partners and customers are concerned, and, again, I'm not in a position to completely dismiss those concerns in an official way.

I've also always held the opinion that a discussion forum like this should allow for controversial discussions, complaints, concerns and else, therefore I've not really done much to avoid anything, both during my "official time" as a main moderator (which I no longer am!) and now as an infrequent contributor.

What I have a hard time tolerating, however, is someone really telling everyone in many different places how much he dislikes a product, organization and other things. If then that same someone starts making fact-like statements and tries to turn rumor into hard facts by not even saying things such as "I have heard that", but rather just making a statement. And for that part, this particular gentlemen has gone way too far for my personal taste and I'll stick with that opinion.

All, stay well,
Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

Return to “Installation”