Need Help - Installing Scalix on CentOS 5 without a GUI

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

ChauvinCA

Need Help - Installing Scalix on CentOS 5 without a GUI

Postby ChauvinCA » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:39 am

Hi everyone.

I am new to Scalix, but familiar with Linux, and have been using Linux (Cent OS) for a while now. I am having a bit of a issues installing Scalix on my machine and wondering if someone could guide me in the right direction. I have tried and searched through blog, website, and this forum, and found a few interesting things, but nothing to help me solve my main issue.

While installing Scalix, i was able to find most of the library files, with help of the Wiki. There are two files I can't find.

Please resolve the following package conflicts and re-run the system checks:
liblber-2.3.so.0 is needed by scalix-server-11.4.5.13150-1.rhel5.i386 - Now I found some posts that explain that you could make a link to these files, since I have OpenLDAP 2.4 installed.
libldap-2.3.so.0 is needed by scalix-server-11.4.5.13150-1.rhel5.i386
sendmail >= 8.12 is needed by scalix-server-11.4.5.13150-1.rhel5.i386
sendmail-cf is needed by scalix-server-11.4.5.13150-1.rhel5.i386

The sendmail is my second problem. One, it's hard to setup from the zip file I found, and the rpm doesn't seem to exist anymore. With CentOS we use a "yum install program here" this is how I found most of the other files and install them. I assumed the same with sendmail, but found it doesn't work. Hopefully it's just me, but maybe not. I do have Postfix installed and I did find some posts that you can use PostFix, but requires some work arounds, and installing sendmail to fake the Dependency check.

So here is are my questions.

1) How do I find the liblber-2.3.so.0 and libldap-2.3.so.0? Or Alternatives
2) How do I really install SendMail, or does someone have a good fix to use PostFix instead.

Thanks again, and can't wait to get Scalix up and running.

Chauvin.

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Need Help - Installing Scalix on CentOS 5 without a GUI

Postby Valerion » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:05 am

Both the library files are in

openldap-2.3.43-3.el5

You can use yum provides to match files to packages. I would not recommend installing versions different than what the base distribution provides.

As for sendmail, you just need

sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5
sendmail-cf-8.13.8-2.el5

You should uninstall Postfix, it's must easier to integrate Scalix with sendmail.

Return to “Installation”