Smarthost & catchall working together?

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

haller

Smarthost & catchall working together?

Postby haller » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi,

I've added the following lines to the smtpd.cfg to catch all mails to unknown users:

CATCH @interactive-net.de no_reply@interactive-net.de
RECIPIENT Log_Discard no_reply@interactive-net.de

A glitch in the user sync between our border email server and the scalix server caused a lot of internal mail loops.

After the restart (sendmail + scalix) same problem. It seems the configured smart host receives all mails to unknown users before the CATCH is executed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Reinhard

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Smarthost & catchall working together?

Postby Valerion » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:17 am

So you want to reject mail to unknown users? You use local-host-names in /etc/mail for that. Any domain listed here is not forwarded to the smarthost.

haller

Re: Smarthost & catchall working together?

Postby haller » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:22 am

Hi Valerion,

I've no problem with host-names or domains. We deleted users on the scalix server. The sync between the scalix addressbook and the border email-server failed.

Any messages for the now deleted users on the scalix side passed the border email-server and were routed to the scalix server.
Seeing no local user scalix forwarded to sendmail which in turn sent the messages to his smarthost -- our border email server.
The border email server itself routed back to the scalix server thinking there is a valid user.

Consulting the wiki I've found the CATCH-Howto and changed the configuration as mentioned and without any success.

Return to “Installation”