Upgrade warning about ldap

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

misc

Upgrade warning about ldap

Postby misc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:33 am

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade our scalix instance from 11.4.3 to 11.4.5. I have stopped all the scalix services but I receive the following warning when the system check report is ran:

Code: Select all

Environment check passed.
 Filesystem check passed.
 Network check passed.
 Dependency check passed.
 Running services check warning -- A non-Scalix LDAP service is enabled at this run level.  You must disable this before trying to run Scalix server.

I am running openldap alongside the standard scalix ldap server like many other people do but I have shut down this service and just about every other service on this box but the message still appears. I'm assuming that it means I need to actually reconfigure scalix to use the standard scalix again? Or am is there something else I'm missing here? Running netstat definitely shows the ldap ports (scalix and openldap) are not open.

Are there any other issues that I could run into? Will an upgrade break current configuration? This box is integrated with openldap and postfix and just want to confirm that the changes required in scalix will not be overwritten.

Thanks for any help.

jangi

Re: Upgrade warning about ldap

Postby jangi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 pm

My guess is you have to disable the service.... something like: chkconfig openldap off

No idea if the upgrade will break your config, sorry.

misc

Postby misc » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:18 pm

OK. I don't think I'll upgrade it just yet as it sounds like it could mess with my config files. Can anyone else confirm whether or not that an upgrade will update/change configuration files?

Thanks.

jangi

Postby jangi » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:04 pm

With such a minor update I wouldn't think your sync agreement would be affected. Using postfix is not standard so all bets are off, but as long as the config files are backed up I don't think it would be too much work to fix if it does break.

misc

Postby misc » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:11 pm

OK thanks I'll give it a go and see how I go.

Return to “Installation”