Difference between sxadmin and user 'admin' accounts?

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

elliot01

Difference between sxadmin and user 'admin' accounts?

Postby elliot01 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:53 am

I have a problem where if I log into SAC as 'sxadmin' I can log out, then back in, and out etc without a problem.

Yet... if I log in as another user (who's set as an admin) I can log in once, but if I log out, SAC won't let me in again. I've tried this with three admins, and it ALWAYS allows one login for each user, but that's it. I have to restart Scalix completely, to allow another login for each of the admin accounts.

The error is consistently:

Could Not Login
Could not fetch server list.
Possible problem with administration server

Can anyone apply any logic here? I can re-create the error without fault, but am at a loss as to exactly what is going on. It's as though the logging out action, corrupts something in the background, until the system is restarted - but never affects sxadmin?! Why!?

If anyone has ANY suggestions, no matter how small I would really appreciate to hear from you.

Yes, I have spent all day today and yesterday afternoon trawling this forum, and other Google suggestions but nothing seems to be helping :cry:

Thanks.

CentOS 5.3 / Scalix 11.4.4
The exact same problem occurred on a CentOS 5.2 / Scalix 11.4.3 test rig months ago.
CentOS v5.3, Scalix v11.4.6 Community Edition, 300+ users

elliot01

Re: Difference between sxadmin and user 'admin' accounts?

Postby elliot01 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:27 am

This problem occurs if I connect on HTTP or HTTPS and if I enter the wrong password it tells me; so my "Could not fetch server list error" is happening after it has authenticated the user.

I have also discovered that it's just scalix-tomcat that I need to restart to allow login to the SAC again.

I'm desperate for some assistance with this - whether I fix it or not will make or break this product for us. :|
CentOS v5.3, Scalix v11.4.6 Community Edition, 300+ users

Return to “Installation”