"failed to set password"

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

jamesmc

"failed to set password"

Postby jamesmc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:50 pm

I have just done a fresh install of Xandros and Scalix and I cannot reset the Scalix admin password I keep getting the error "failed to set password"

babytux

Re: "failed to set password"

Postby babytux » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:01 am

let us know the command which you execute to set admin password.
Babytux

guzi
Scalix
Scalix

Postby guzi » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 am

Hello,
I believe you are using Xandros-Scalix. I have come across issue similar to your when I tried to change the default scalix Admin's username during installation.

What can be tried is restarting the follwoing service and then trying to set the password.

/etc/init.d/xandros-dvmonitor restart
/etc/init.d/xandros-dvservices restart

Regards,
Guzi

jamesmc

Postby jamesmc » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:42 pm

Yes that is right, I am using the Scalix-Xandros Edition.

That said, restarting the services did not resolve the problem. Is there a better O/S or a different version of Scalix I should be using? Is there possibly something in the network configuration that I may have overlooked and that is required to complete installation? I have only Installed the version from the Xandros Network Panel.

guzi
Scalix
Scalix

Postby guzi » Wed May 06, 2009 2:43 am

Hello James,
The appropriate way to install Xandros-Scalix is through Xandros Networks, which you have already followed.
Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing scalix ? Scalix can be un-installed through Xandros-Networks.

Xandros-Scalix is meant for small sized business. If you are looking at an Enterprise edition, It would be advisable to evaluate Scalix Enterprise edition which can be installed on other Linux distributions like Red hat , Suse , CentOS etc.

Is there a way Scalix can reach you personally to help you evaluate, the Scalix edition suited for your requirement ?

Return to “Installation”