Newby Cent0S4 11.4.1 upgrade to 11.4.3

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

itdataservices

Newby Cent0S4 11.4.1 upgrade to 11.4.3

Postby itdataservices » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:08 am

Hi,

Ive been trialling the scalix community product for the last few months and after experiencing issues with outlook connector found that the product has been upgraded twice.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on upgrading direct from 11.4.1 to 11.4.3

Also does anyone know if 11.4.3 fixed the problem with accessing another mailbox in vista?
I have two computers one XP the other vista. If i log into the XP machine i can open the shared inbox for the INFO mailbox however while i can see the INFO folders i cannot open them on the Vista worksatation. Both copmuters are runing Office 2k7 with SP1 and the same outlook connector edition.

Any thoughts would be great here too.

jangi

Re: Newby Cent0S4 11.4.1 upgrade to 11.4.3

Postby jangi » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:58 am

I don't know about the vista client issue, but upgradeing from 11.4.1 to 11.4.3 should be seemless, and worth doing; there are a lot of nice fixes for mapi (outlook) and imap. Just download it and run the installer.

les
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby les » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:37 am

itdataservices wrote:Hi,

Ive been trialling the scalix community product for the last few months and after experiencing issues with outlook connector found that the product has been upgraded twice.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on upgrading direct from 11.4.1 to 11.4.3

Also does anyone know if 11.4.3 fixed the problem with accessing another mailbox in vista?
I have two computers one XP the other vista. If i log into the XP machine i can open the shared inbox for the INFO mailbox however while i can see the INFO folders i cannot open them on the Vista worksatation. Both copmuters are runing Office 2k7 with SP1 and the same outlook connector edition.

Any thoughts would be great here too.

Upgrading is easy, download and run the installer. Just read the release notes thoroughly.

I didn't know there was any issue with accessing sharing mailboxes in Vista. Works on all my client sites. What exactly happens when you try to do this? I assume you're using the same username for outlook on each pc. 9 times out of 10 this type of issues can be attributed to incompatible outlook plugins or the fact that when you add an additional mailbox you must make sure you add the shared mailbox name from the SYSTEM address book.
Regards,

Les Stott

itdataservices

Postby itdataservices » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:04 pm

After I add the mailbox i can see the folders within the user but when I click on Inbox i get,,,

Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. The operation failed.

les
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby les » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:10 pm

itdataservices wrote:After I add the mailbox i can see the folders within the user but when I click on Inbox i get,,,

Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. The operation failed.

when you added the additional mailbox did you make sure you add the shared mailbox name from the SYSTEM address book? You have to make sure that the default outlook address book is the SYSTEM one, then when you add the mailbox name it'll search there first.
Regards,

Les Stott

Return to “Installation”