thundersnows

Install problem ldapmapper with Ubuntu

Postby thundersnows » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:35 am

Hi,
I'm trying to install Scalix 11.4.3-GA on Ubuntu Server 8.04
When I run
dpkg -i scalix-server_11.4.3.12339_i386.deb

I got this error
(Reading database ... 26987 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace scalix-server 11.4.3.12339 (using scalix-server_11.4.3.12339_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing scalix-server_11.4.3.12339_i386.deb (--install):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 10
Restarting Scalix LDAP mapper (ldapmapper): cat: /var/run/ldapmapper.pid: No such file or directory
/opt/scalix/bin/ldapmapper: error while loading shared libraries: libldap_r.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
scalix-server_11.4.3.12339_i386.deb

I've googling and follow suggestion to restart ldapmapper /etc/init.d/ldapmapper restart
Here's what I got
Restarting Scalix LDAP mapper (ldapmapper): cat: /var/run/ldapmapper.pid: No such file or directory
/opt/scalix/bin/ldapmapper: error while loading shared libraries: libldap_r.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can someone help me please ?
Thanks.

smpoole7

Re: Install problem ldapmapper with Ubuntu

Postby smpoole7 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Someone who's more familiar with Ubuntu needs to pitch in, but it looks like the actual installation didn't succeed in the first place. Until you get that issue straightened out, you're hosed.

Where did you get the Ubuntu package from? It might not be a bad idea to post a query for help in their forum, if they have one. Scalix itself only builds packages for Red Hat Enterprise, SUSE Enterprise, CentOS and (for testing only), Fedora and Opensuse, so someone else would have built that one for Ubuntu.

That said, have you referred to the Manual Installation page? http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Installation

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:27 am

There's also the completely unsupported Debian version. This looks like a library issue to me. You will need to figure out which package contains libldap_r.so.2 on Ubuntu and install that, then try again. Just be sure you're using the same version Scalix is expecting. Not too sure which one this is for the Debian version, as I haven't actually installed it before.

thundersnows

Postby thundersnows » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:09 am

I hope Scalix team will solve this issue soon :)

Return to “Installation”