Scalix 11.4.3 Install tells, wrong prozessortype?

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

Trubadix

Scalix 11.4.3 Install tells, wrong prozessortype?

Postby Trubadix » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:14 am

Hi
on my amd athlon 1000MHz
RAM 755 MB
20 GB free diskspace
OpenSUSE 11.1
I loaded the scalix-11.4.3-GA.
On call install, I get:
CRITICAL Platform is: openSUSE 11.1 (i586) on i386 : NOT supported

Is there a way to tell the install to skip this check or any other way?
Or have I to use another package and witch one it is?

Any Information will Help :wink:

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:57 am

openSUSE is not a good plafform for Scalix in a production environment, it's meant for testing only. Look at SLES, RHEL or CentOS for that.

openSUSE 11.0 is supported, but not openSUSE 11.1. So you will have to re-install your machine with openSUSE 11.0, then use the install package for that from Scalix's website.

Trubadix

Postby Trubadix » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:19 am

Big Thx
but it's resolved by using at install the parameters "--override-release=suse110"

Now a new problem at check-time:
glibc < 2.9 is needed by scalix-iconv-extras-1.2-3.suse110.i686

But glibc.2.9-2.11.1 is installed.
Must it downgraded to glibc.2.9-2.11.0 or is that to handle otherway?
I don't no to downgrade the glibc :oops:
Is there any way to tell the system, that's the glibc ist 2.9-2.11.0 :P

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:37 am

The requirement here is that glibc must be smaller than 2.9. This could be due to the way the 2.9 library changed from the ones before. Your applications are compiled against specific library versions, and this will cause issues.

Do NOT downgrade glibc on your system, you will break other apps that rely on that library. You can try to recompile iconv-extras, then manually override the dependency checks. rpm can do this for you, if you have the source.

However, installing Scalix on a non-supported platform is NOT supported. I certainly can't help you with issues you have, and if there's problems you're likely going to hear a variant of "try it on a supported and tested platform and see if the problem is still reproducible". Unless you know exactly what you are doing, you are almost guaranteed to run into issues along this route.

Mario

Same issue with Glibc version of Opensuse11.1

Postby Mario » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi Valerion,
you mentioned:
"You can try to recompile iconv-extras, then manually override the dependency checks. rpm can do this for you, if you have the source."

How can I recompile scalix-iconv-extras-1.2-3 that it fits to my Glibc version > 2.9 ?

Thank you in advenace and kind regards
Mario

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:56 am

You're going to have to locate the proper version of the sources somewhere, then if the package is a .src.rpm. you can use rpmbuild or rpm -bb to do that. If the package is a tarball or similar, there should me a Makefile or a configure script inside.

I am going to go off this topic now. This is NOT something I recommend you do, but good luck in any event.

mcbirne

Re: Scalix 11.4.3 Install tells, wrong prozessortype?

Postby mcbirne » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:57 am

Hallo,

did you find any solution for installing Scalix on openSuse 11.1? We have the same problem and we don't want to change the OS.

Thanks for your information.

Return to “Installation”