Installation Problem - No SAC or WEBMAIL

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

duster20

Installation Problem - No SAC or WEBMAIL

Postby duster20 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:29 am

Could someone please help. I have been using scalix for 3 years now, I have never had an issue with it during installation or after. I just tried to install the latest version, 11.4.2 on opensuse 11.0. Everything went well with the installation. I am unable to access the scalix Administration console, or the Webmail. All I get is Object Not Found. It acts like tomcat is not running however it is. I have stopped, restarted, unstalled, reinstalled and rebooted server. Apache is running and all scalix services are running. I can connect to the mailserver with outlook set up for pop3 with the admin user created during setup. I just cannot get the sac or webmail page to display. I have read the logfiles that are noted in the forums, caa.log and omshowlog with no noteable errors. I feel I am missing something stupid, but your help would greatly be appreciated. I also tried installing on another opensuse 11.0 box with exact same results. The only similarity in these two boxes is amount of ram = 1GB.

Thanks

duster20

Postby duster20 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 pm

Can anyone help with this? I fear that if I cannot resolve this, I will have to scrap the os and install suse 10.2 and use an older version, I could try centos, I am still working to figure this out, but coming up with nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

criptus

Postby criptus » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:21 am

The newest version of scalix is 11.4.3...

I've been facing with similar problem, but only when I rebuild old data. Otherwise installation should go without problem...

Check firewall, selinux....

iptables -L
sestatus

Firewall should pass http and selinux should be off unless you know how to get it work.

les
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby les » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:21 am

duster20 wrote:Can anyone help with this? I fear that if I cannot resolve this, I will have to scrap the os and install suse 10.2 and use an older version, I could try centos, I am still working to figure this out, but coming up with nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm no opensuse expert, use mainly centos, but some things to check....

Check your apache error logs for info on why you're getting object not found aswell as scalix tomcat logs.

service scalix-tomcat status (should say running of course)

ensure you dont have any other versions of tomcat installed (i.e. only the one installed via the scalix installer is required).
Check tomcat is listening on all required ports -

netstat -apn |grep ":80"
(specifically look for similar lines as below to ensure tomcat is listening on required ports):
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:8005 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 4893/java
tcp 0 0 192.168.1.1:8009 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 4893/java
tcp 0 0 192.168.1.1:8080 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 4893/java

note that you cannot run another apache virtual host on any of those ports.

Again, no suse expert and i knw apache is differently setup but....

you should also have similar files in the apache conf directory and they should get loaded by apache.....

(for rhel based systems its /etc/httpd/conf.d, suse might be /etc/apache2 or something else)
scalix-tomcat-connector.conf
scalix-web-client.conf -> /opt/scalix/global/httpd/scalix-web-client.conf

That's a good place to start.

Hope that helps.
Regards,

Les Stott

russh

had the same problem

Postby russh » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:34 pm

Sorry - nothing helpful, but I too was in the same position. I could see Tomcat running, could determine no corruption in the config files, and nothing in the logs to show an issue. This was using SLES10 - I'd posted here and didn't get any 'gotcha's' that were obvious fixes. I reinstalled tomcat, checked the config, logs etc.

I'm now running CentOS - migrated mail with imapsync - and everything is running nicely.

Sorry it's not directly helpful!

ibl-es

Postby ibl-es » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Moin,

it's OpenSuSE? So you look at the /etc/hosts-File. Every Installation of OpenSuSE 11.0 i see something like this:

Code: Select all

127.0.0.1   localhost
127.0.0.2   myserver.mydomain.net  myserver

Edit the entries before you install Scalix to somthing like this:

Code: Select all

127.0.0.1       localhost
192.168.1.1   myserver.mydomain.net  myserver

You have already Scalix installed? Try again.

Caution! YaST love the 127.0.0.2

Gruß
Heinz

Language: English = :oops: Deutsch = :P

Return to “Installation”