SOLVED: 11.4.3 with OES2 SP1

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

CanuckFlyboy

SOLVED: 11.4.3 with OES2 SP1

Postby CanuckFlyboy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Trying to configure a new install of Scalix 11.4.3 with Novell OES2 SP1 and SLES 10 SP2. Novell-Tomcat5 was already installed.

When trying to access myserver.mydomain.com/sac or myserver.mydomain.com/webmail I get Error 403 Access Forbidden.

Trying myserver.mydomain.com:8080/sac I get the Admin console but when I put in the login ID and password I get the error message Could Not Login, Could not fetch server list.

If I put myserver.mydomain.com:8080/webmail I can log in with admin with no problems.

Trying myserver.mydomain.com:8080/m it says wrong username or password.

The Apache2 error_log shows:

client denied by server configuration: proxy:ajp://myserver.mydomain.com:8009/sac
client denied by server configuration: proxy:ajp://myserver.mydomain.com:8009/res/RESDispatcher

I'd appreciate some help in getting the configuration working.

CanuckFlyboy

Postby CanuckFlyboy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:49 pm

I had previously done a search on 'client denied by server configuration: proxy:ajp' and read the suggestion to change the mod_proxy to include 'Allow from myserver.mydomain.com'. I didn't find the file as the suggestion was relating to a Ubuntu installation.

The change I made was to /etc/opt/novell/httpd/conf.d/base.conf, adding the line
'Allow from myserver.mydomain.com'

cicco

Step by Step

Postby cicco » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:17 am

hi,
can you please shortly describe the steps you have made to get scalix 11.4.3 get working with oes2sp1?
i have installed everything, then moved the scalix ldap port to 3890, but i have a problem with sac, webmail and mobile-interface. i think the problem arises from scalix and novell tomcat.

thanx

Return to “Installation”