Upgrade 11.4.2 to 11.4.3 and omtidyallu message

Discuss installation of Scalix software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

a.schild

Upgrade 11.4.2 to 11.4.3 and omtidyallu message

Postby a.schild » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:15 pm

Hello,

I just did upgrade a scalix server from 11.4.2 to 11.4.3 and so far everything seems ok.

In the setup logfile I did see this line (Was also present in the last 2 scalix updates)

Code: Select all

WARNING Important. The server was upgraded but it is not possible to tidy up the message store at this time Please consult the installation guide for information regarding the command 'omtidyallu'

But I did not find more infos about this in the release notes, install guides etc.

André

smpoole7

Check the man page.

Postby smpoole7 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:19 am

man omtidyallu

Basically, this utility can be used to "tidy up" all user accounts -- empty waste baskets, remove older files, etc., etc.

This, combined with an omscan (I use omscan -avf) are invaluable.

Of course, you did run ompatchom on the mailstore, too, right? (Assuming you upgraded and kept the old mail data.)

a.schild

Re: Check the man page.

Postby a.schild » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:40 pm

smpoole7 wrote:man omtidyallu

Basically, this utility can be used to "tidy up" all user accounts -- empty waste baskets, remove older files, etc., etc.

This, combined with an omscan (I use omscan -avf) are invaluable.

Yes, I know about omscan, but I just wondered why the setup might show such a warning message.

Of course, you did run ompatchom on the mailstore, too, right? (Assuming you upgraded and kept the old mail data.)

Yes, I did.

Thanks for the reply.

André

dirk
Scalix
Scalix

Postby dirk » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:16 pm

This message is in all Scalix 11 installer logs.
It only makes sense when upgrading from Scalix 10 (speed up SWA by pre-generating the MSL-data with omtid*u -M).
For the upgrade from another Scalix 11 version it is not necessary to run omtidy.

Return to “Installation”