HTML Message converted to RTF attachment

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface
asurmann

HTML Message converted to RTF attachment

Postby asurmann » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:31 am

After Upgrade from 11.4.6 community edition to 12.6.1 small business edition some users with Outlook 2016 (32 Bit) reported problems with sending HMTL mails converted to mail with blank body text and converted body text as RTF attachment with extension ".dat".

Upgrade to the latest Version 12.7 with Outlook connector 12.7.0.9165_x86 did not resolve this error.

For this issue I found old post http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7412 with bug report http://bugzilla.scalix.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15538
Is it possible to repost the bug report as I have no access to this old bug Report? Or is it known problem with the Outlook connector not yet solved?

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Re: HTML Message converted to RTF attachment

Postby ScalixSupport » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 am

Hi,

I could not reproduce the issue. Can you please provide step to reproduce the issue. so we can find the route cause.
Regards,
Scalix Support Team

asurmann

Postby asurmann » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:18 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. Some emails created or forwarded by Outlook 2016 32 Bit with Scalix Outlook connector (latest Version 12.7) can not be read by the recipient. The email body (message text) is blank and there is an attachment with the Extension ".dat". This attachment is readable with MS Word as it seems to be in RTF format.

For testing purposes I installed Outlook 2013 with Scalix connector on another machine and created a Outlook profile for the user reporting this error (the user forwarded an incoming mail to another recipient). So I forwarded this email again with the result that all is working correct. A forwarding test with this email in Outlook 2016 on the users machine reporting the error (Outlook 2016) resulted in the above described error. There is no setting set for sending in RTF-format (Outlook options or recipient specific options).

Could you contact me (email) so I can send you this specific email (confidential) that I saved in Outlook message format?

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Postby ScalixSupport » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:11 am

Hello,

I followed same steps as described in your thread but again i couldn't reproduce the issue. forwarding mail through oultook 2016 to outlook 2013 or outlook 2013 to outlook 2016 in html format. it doesn't convert format to RTF attachment.

Could you please create a support ticket, it will be better to escalate issue on higher level.

Thanks !

Return to “Scalix Connect For MS Outlook”