Outlook will not start after Windows 10, Version 1909 update

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface
pinnks

Outlook will not start after Windows 10, Version 1909 update

Postby pinnks » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi all,

I have been running the community edition for my family for quite a while now. Currently 12.7 Server and Outlook Connector. All was well until I updated Windows to Version 1909 (auto update). Outlook will no longer run properly. I think it is a Cache Manager issue. I get a C++ error box pop up with "debug assertion failed". I did a system recovery to remove the update and all was back to normal. Just tried running Outlook on my wife's machine and got the same error, so I assume her machine has done the same Windows 10 update.

I tried loading the 12.8 Connector to no avail. Anyone got any ideas how to resolve as I would prefer to remain up-to-date with Windows if possible.

Cheers

pinnks

Re: Outlook will not start after Windows 10, Version 1909 update

Postby pinnks » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:19 am

Anyone out there?

Same problem arose on a second Windows laptop. While doing a system restore on my machine worked to solve the problem (not sure what got uninstalled), the same cannot be said for the other machine. And, today, my machine has just shown the problem again. I can't see that Windows has installed any updates today so am at a loss.

The only saving grace, well, partial saving grace, is that you can still set-up Outlook using IMAP but hardly a longterm option...

??

pinnks

Postby pinnks » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:11 am

Ok, so probably talking to myself but decided to have another go at installing the latest connector (previous version were from 2018 and then from 20 March 2020) and it is suddenly working again. Did a Windows update and still all fine.

Did Scalix do a silent update between 20 March 2020 and 10 April? Sort of who cares as it is all working again but frustrating...

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Postby ScalixSupport » Mon May 18, 2020 1:32 pm

Hello,

Please try the latest connector 12.8.0.9242 from https://downloads.scalix.com/upcoming/connector/ and share the status.
username=scalix password=downloadSoftware
Regards,
Scalix Support Team

pinnks

Postby pinnks » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:38 pm

Again, apologies for the late feedback. I had got the system working again with the suggested connector and then had to rebuild my linux box from scratch and installed server 12.8 too. All is running fine, except...

Both before and since the server re-build, Outlook gets into a mess if you leave it running and close the lid on on the laptop or just let it go to sleep. When the PC wakes up more often than not the connector does not. It usually sits with an orange box with ! The only option is to go into Windows Task Manager and kill Outlook. The Cache Manager normally terminates too but sometimes needs to be killed.

Nothing seems to get lost but it is all a tad annoying

Thoughts?

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Postby ScalixSupport » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:45 am

Hello,

I can not reproduce the issue, i recommended to create a support at https://rm.scalix.com/ for quick response.
Regards,
Scalix Support Team

Return to “Scalix Connect For MS Outlook”