Can't add more domains/unable to relay

Discuss the Scalix Server software
jbru

Can't add more domains/unable to relay

Postby jbru » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:03 pm

I'm using Scalix for many years, but somehow I can't add more domains on my new server. I can add them (at sessings=>administration=>add domain), but all domains I add are unable to relay. When I remove an old domain and add a new one it works, but when I then add another one it doesn't work.

It somehow looks like there's a limit on the domains(?) Does anybody know about a limit or how to solve this problem?

FYI: I was on Scalix 12.6 but just installed 12.8 and the problem still exists.

Edit:
I just tested something: When I change a existing domain e.g. olddomain.com to e.g. newdomain.com and test the relay via a telnet session it doesn't relay for newdomain.com but the weird thing is it still accepts relay for olddomain.com
So it looks like settings are saved (I still see changes I made when I log out of SAC and back in again) but somehow they aren't applied...any ideas?

jbru

Re: Can't add more domains/unable to relay

Postby jbru » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:34 am

No one an idea? Can I somehow scan the server on faults? I already used omscan -Aafx but the problem still exists :(

jbru

Postby jbru » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:15 am

Still no one who can help me. I really need a new domain on the server :( :cry:

I tried everything. Also:

omcheck -s -d >fix_perms.sh

It gave me some rights errors, so I fixed it with:
sh ./fix_perms.sh

But it didn't fix my problem. I still can add domains via SAC, but although they're saved, the don't work.

Does anybody know where local/accepted domains are saved? Is this in a file or in a database? Can I somehow fix the file or database with the local/accepted domains? Or can I add a domain from the command line? Maybe that will work?

Please somebody...I'm pulling my hair out..just don't know what's going wrong... :shock:

jbru

Postby jbru » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:32 am

And a new update. If I change an existing domain e.g. test.com to test2.com it doesn't accept mail for test2.com, but still does for test.com
Somehow SAC shows the new/changed domain name, but the server itself isn't accepting/using the new domainname but still the old one. So it looks like a communication error in SAC?

Can anybody tell me if I can add domains from the commandline so I can test if that works???

pinnks

Postby pinnks » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Not sure I have an answer but it seems it may be just the two of us still using these forums :?

It's a while since I last update the server and added domains but I used to do it using the install programme, if necessary running it a second time to add the additional domain. Never tried from SAC or command line.

It would be good if there were others still looking in on these boards occasionally...

jbru

Postby jbru » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:27 am

LOL, yeah I guess we're the two who hold this forum alive :lol:
Thanks for your reaction!

You say you use the installer to add more domains...but how do you do it? I can choose from 3 options:
[1] Install/Upgrade one or more Scalix components (custom)
[2] Reconfigure Scalix components
[3] Uninstall Scalix components

I guess I have to choose option 2 (reconfigure) but then again I get 8 options:
[1] Scalix DB
(version 12.8.0-15983)
[2] Scalix Tomcat
(version 9.0.24-57)
[3] Scalix Messaging Services
(version 12.8.0.29101-0)
[4] Scalix Management Agent
(version 12.8.0.25760-1)
[5] Scalix Web Access
(version 12.8.0.29013-0)
[6] Scalix Management Services
(version 12.8.0.25760-1)
[7] Scalix Search and Index Service
(version 12.8.0.26796-1)
[8] Scalix ActiveSync
(version 12.8.0.29256-1)

But....which one do I have to choose to add domains? And I also notice all versions are 12.8.0.26796-1, except Scalix Tomcat. It shows version 9.0.24-57. Is this correct?

Stay safe and healthy!

P.S. I found out /var/opt/scalix/mr/caa/scalix.res/config/ubermanager.properties holds all domain names I entered in SAC...but somehow it's not connected to the relaying domains..only to SAC. I think somehow this file has to pass this info to an other file/or update the database and that this isn't working(?)

pinnks

Postby pinnks » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi,

I think you would need to uninstall (keeping the various options it asks about - database of mail etc - and then re-install, so option 3 and then option 1. BUT as the domains are in the relevant file (I could not recall where they were saved in my last reply) that may not change anything.

I have 5 domains and also use the relaying function via my ISP as I run on a dynamic IP addy. All I have ever done is install, adding the domains at that time and set-up SMART_HOST to point at my ISP in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.

This is a hobby and I am not a system admin, so I have to start from scratch each time I re-build or update the server. I have a document of personal instructions but your issue isn't specifically mentioned in that.

jbru

Postby jbru » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:57 am

I just tried, but reconfigure and add the domain during reconfigure within scalix-installer doesn't work.

Do you (or anyone) have any more ideas?

jbru

Postby jbru » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:09 am

I suddenly got it working. I checked a lot of files on the system and somehow I made a change in a file which was the correct one! (sadly I can't remember which it is :cry: )

But pinnks I want to thank you for your suggestions and helping me think! :wink:

pinnks

Postby pinnks » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:09 am

Great news. The annoying thing when you're not sure how you fixed something as it is sure to break again somewhen but a small price to pay

Return to “Scalix Server”