553 Sender envelope rejected

Discuss the Scalix Server software
ebhannes

553 Sender envelope rejected

Postby ebhannes » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:52 am

Hi,

problem arise, when redirecting mail to a mailbox which belongs to the same domain like the sender.
Some of our employees have two mailboxes. One companys mailbox (to which scalix server belongs) and a second box at a customers company (as an external employee)
When you or someone else from the customer company mailbox send some mail to some mailbox in our domain, which is redirected to customers company mailbox, mail is rejected with following message:

Code: Select all

external.Employee.A@customercompany.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<prvs=347446ff22=internal.Employee.B@customercompany.com> SIZE=5868:
    host mx1.customercompany.com [153.153.153.153]: 553 Envelope sender <prvs=347446ff22=internal.Employee.B@customercompany.com> rejected

Looks like this

Code: Select all

unknown.employee@customercompany.com -------->  employee.A@company.com (scalix domain) -----retain in mailbox
                                                                    |
                                                                    | redirect
                                                                    V
external.employeeA@customercompany.com <-------X (rejected)----------

In my opinion this is due to Sender Policy framework or the use of SenderID. But how to avoid this without switching to forwarding?
Annoying when forwarding the mail is that original mail isn't display inlined, only attached. Also the sender changes to the first adressee, which is not quite comfortable.

regards
Hannes

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Re: 553 Sender envelope rejected

Postby ScalixSupport » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:44 am

Hello Hannes,

If this issue still exist please create a support ticket on https://rm.scalix.com/

Regards,
Scalix Support Team

ebhannes

Re: 553 Sender envelope rejected

Postby ebhannes » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:52 am

Thanks for your response.

This is the spf policy of the recipient:
[v=spf1 ip4:some allowed networks and ip addresses -all].
As far as i know -all restricts redirecting and there is nothing i can do about it, except nasty forwarding.
Please correct me if i'm wrong.

bye
Hannes

Return to “Scalix Server”