Scalix LDAP directory search issue from Thunderbird

Discuss the Scalix Server software
qurujames

Scalix LDAP directory search issue from Thunderbird

Postby qurujames » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:45 am

Hi there,

I have been trying to integrate Thunderbird 45.2.0 (latest stable release) with Scalix Server 12.6.0 (build dated 17th August 2016) - however I have hit an issue with the LDAP address book integration. I have set Thunderbird up to query the LDAP directory on port 389, using the base DN "o=MyContacts" and using my user as the bind DN.

To debug I've run Wireshark on the Scalix server and what I see is that the Thunderbird client makes a successful bind to the LDAP server and issues the search request successfully. However the search request from Thunderbird includes a request for the mozillaNickname attribute which does not exist within the Scalix LDAP directory. Rather than ignoring this requested attribute, the Scalix server returns an error and never processes the search.

Is this behaviour correct or as expected, or is there a fix or workaround I can implement?

Directory searches from the command line using "ldapsearch" all work perfectly but of course I'm not requesting the mozillaNickname attribute.

Kind regards,

James

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Scalix LDAP directory search issue from Thunderbird

Postby ScalixSupport » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:27 am

Hello Mr James,

You have report this issue on redmine https://rm.scalix.com/issues/60652. Our L2 Support Team will assist to resolve issue quickly.

Thanks !

Regards,
Scalix Support Team.

Return to “Scalix Server”